Thu, Sep 19, 9:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: FBX support

InfoCentral ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 7:20 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 3:13 PM

When are we going to get native FBX support in Poser so we can go direct into Unity like Daz Studio?

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 7:53 PM

Seems there is no demand for it
right now many users in the poser community seem  focused on getting the new genesis based V-chick 5 into poser in a usable condition.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 9:46 PM

Try Collada. Last I checked, Unity supported it.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 9:59 PM

DAZ's FBX exporter has been around since version 1.  Unreliable and pretty much useless from day one.  It was so popular DAZ had it in one of their Member's Choice Sales for $1.99. 

InfoCentral ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 10:10 PM

I found this solution on the Unity forum.  Looks like a standalone FBX converter from AutoDesk.  Hope this works...

moogal ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2011 at 6:28 PM · edited Tue, 01 November 2011 at 6:30 PM

Any luck with it?  Eventually having something like that working will be important to me as well.  I'd love to just have one set of figures and props I could use in Poser, iClone, D|S, and Unity and still be able to use each program's features fully.

I guess that's the price we'll always pay for choosing a bunch of quirky small programs over one comprehensive suite of tools.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.