Sun, Oct 6, 8:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: My Green Lightning costume has a cape now. I am done tinkering...

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 6:22 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

file_474982.jpg

I added a cape to his costume, so I can now call it done for real. I started some basic animations with it today. I am rendering a 150 frame walk cycle right now. I did another one with him taking flight, just to see how the costume will do with basic stuff. I am going to do some fairly extreme animations later to see if I get tear or poke-through later on.

Things are looking up. Once I get this done, I will start on Sydney's costume. I am still going back and forth on if it will be a suit or painted texture. Things have changed with the script, so I guess I will let that decide.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

geep ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 6:40 PM

Lookin' good ... very good. 👍

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Ravyns ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 6:57 PM

Definitely looks Good!!  Looking forward to seeing your animation..

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 7:07 PM

This render is actually a still from the walk cycle; I added the background in post. I am pretty happy with it so far. The animation will be awhile. I started it only about a half hour ago, so it's only 5 frames in (rendering to image file).

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 7:36 PM

Nice looking cape.  Good work overall, mate.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 7:50 PM

Quote - Nice looking cape.  Good work overall, mate.

Thanks Sam. I can't take full credit for it. I followed a tutorial that I found, which was actually for 3D max. I just tailored it for Wings, and did my best not to screw it up. I am happy with it, except for one little problem I have to work out.

It's attached to his shoulder blades with 2 disks which lock it onto the suit. When I attempted a cloth sim with it, making them rigid, Poser 8 stops working and crashes. When I do the cloth sim without making them rigid, they sort of melt onto the suit. I have to figure out how to get that right, and I will be happy with it. Until then, I will have to be careful not to render him from behind, lol.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 8:40 PM

he looks great!!!!

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 9:59 PM

Very good! I think you're getting the hang of this modeling thing ;).

Laurie

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 10:32 PM

I am getting there. Still don't really have a clue what I am doing, but I am getting lucky A LOT!

I am very happy with him so far. I am slowly rendering the walk cycle. It's taking forever because I am rendering the image files at 1920x1080, and the render settings up there with indirect lighting and ray tracing on, et al.

I still think I am a better animator than a modeller, but it is a kick in the pants to see something you create turn out pretty much like you expected it to.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 10:46 PM

Quote - ...but it is a kick in the pants to see something you create turn out pretty much like you expected it to.

Yes....yes it definitely is ;).

Laurie

charlie43 ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2011 at 12:44 AM

This is an excellent render. The only thing I see that bothers me is an edge on the cape hat appears to be golden in color. It looks to me like the highlight that is used to demonstrate that the actual cape is highlighted, as it appears in Blender. I am assuming you are doing this in Wings? Regardless, it is very good. Tell me if I am wrong - is this a body texture, as it appears to be?

Ths is a minor thing, but something I pick up on. So you'll know, my eyesight is very poor, and for me to notice it makes it mentionable...

C~

Larry F ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2011 at 7:26 AM

Frankly, that's awesome! You got TALENT!

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2011 at 5:09 PM

Quote - This is an excellent render. The only thing I see that bothers me is an edge on the cape hat appears to be golden in color. It looks to me like the highlight that is used to demonstrate that the actual cape is highlighted, as it appears in Blender. I am assuming you are doing this in Wings? Regardless, it is very good. Tell me if I am wrong - is this a body texture, as it appears to be?

Ths is a minor thing, but something I pick up on. So you'll know, my eyesight is very poor, and for me to notice it makes it mentionable...

C~

I am not sure exactly what you are referring to, but I think it may just be an artifact coming from the default lighting colors. I didn't bother to change them. And yes, the costume is Simon's body mesh.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2011 at 5:14 PM · edited Tue, 08 November 2011 at 5:17 PM

Quote - Frankly, that's awesome! You got TALENT!

Thanks! If you could see me, I'd be blushing.

And I think I just got lucky a time or two... hehehe...

charlie43 ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2011 at 11:17 PM

Quote - I am not sure exactly what you are referring to, but I think it may just be an artifact coming from the default lighting colors. I didn't bother to change them. And yes, the costume is Simon's body mesh.

Think you are right - lighting would cause this golden edge I'm seeing. As I said, my eyesight is poor, and beleive me when I say it plays a ton of tricks on me! :D

C~

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 09 November 2011 at 8:36 AM

Ah, your eyesight seems fine if you can pick that out. I probably noticed it, but didn't pay it much mind. I haven't rendered with the default lighting in a long time, and I didn't really think about it. I just rendered the scene paying attention to what the cape was doing, which was exactly what I wanted it to do, thank goodness. Thanks for the look. I should have the animatioin posted in a week or so. I have a lot of post work to do on it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.