Thu, Jul 25, 1:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: Where is sackrat.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2011 at 9:37 PM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 8:41 AM

Was just wondering if anyone knows how sackrat is doing, last he posted was July 2010 and was having health issues.

There are a few members that I havent seen recently and wondering where they are.  Draculaz, Rods Art to mention a couple.

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 12:45 AM

i dunno where sacrat is..i wonder too... wish i knew..

drac is fine and the usual.a bit saner..i dare say. ..in romania.. still darn politically motivated. either he's finished his phd or something like that. works with the gov't over there. 

Rods Art. seems to be doing ok.. 

btw..all this info..thanks to fb..

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 10:52 AM

And although you didn't mention me I am still alive and kicking. Busy over at Daz forums, having just been promoted to Moderator for both the Bryce forums and the General Freepository.

Think of me, I have to cope with Lennie (Pumeco) almost every day:rolleyes:😄

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

ThunderStone ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 7:43 PM

You are the one with the big stick, huh????

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 4:45 AM

Quote - You are the one with the big stick, huh????

Yup that's me. My Avatar over there was specially designed to celebrate my change in status. :biggrin: It was rendered in Bryce.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 7:04 PM

I can probably bring up a big list of names that I havent seen around. 

ADM, Rochr etc..

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 7:06 PM

Quote - i dunno where sacrat is..i wonder too... wish i knew..

drac is fine and the usual.a bit saner..i dare say. ..in romania.. still darn politically motivated. either he's finished his phd or something like that. works with the gov't over there. 

Rods Art. seems to be doing ok.. 

btw..all this info..thanks to fb..

I dont have anyone from Rendo on facebook.

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 8:07 PM

lol..analog..im your fb info..will add you.. 

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 11:38 PM

I saw that MrDodobird(Ian Hubert) is making movies using Blender, he's featured as an artist in thier official trailers. I miss the what once was an awesome forum here......I loved that creative feel before this site kind of died. 911, and the economy really hit the non professional artist community hard.

Infact, i went back to my roots and did illustration for some time...then a few days ago longed for some good ol 3d'ing. I stopped doing 3d when all the apps I liked started to rocket past the 1000$ and up price range. So I googled free 3d apps and saw that blender had come quite a way ... then I saw Ian and his artwork( I know that style anywhere). I just had to download it at that point. Happy holidays, I still come and check out everyones new art work from time to time. I just lurk in the shadows now.

I eat babies.

Atomic_Anvil ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2012 at 7:26 PM

I've gotten back into 3D after being away more or less for a few years. Never did unload Bryce, in fact kept it updated and bought 7pro. But yeah, seems a lot quieter around here than the "old days".

Andy Simmons. Now there's a Bryce artist I really miss.

HakDragon ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2012 at 12:01 PM

I am here as well, hanging around and enjoying the forums. Happy to meet you all. :)

-Hak

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 12:15 AM

Wait...wait...Atomic_Anvil...you're saying you're Sackrat with a new handle? If you are, then it's really nice to see you here and well...and if you're not then...nice to see you here.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 8:11 PM

Quote - Wait...wait...Atomic_Anvil...you're saying you're Sackrat with a new handle? If you are, then it's really nice to see you here and well...and if you're not then...nice to see you here.

I dont think thats what he is saying... here is Sakrats rendo profile.

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?userid=116268

electroglyph ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 10:36 PM

Scoured the web for Thomas McCann and found nothing. I tried some random newspapers in cities like charlottesville. I even contacted the Hospital but they can't say anything due to HIPPA. Does anyone remember a hometown?

ThunderStone ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 11:13 PM

If you mean his birthplace, according to his bio here, it's Buffalo, NY. Other than that, well, it's hopeless, unless you want to hire a PI to go look for him.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Quest ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 4:39 PM · edited Fri, 13 January 2012 at 4:41 PM

I thought he was from down South like Kentucky or Virginia. I kinda remember that because back in 2005 he was thinking of meeting up with us when we had the Bryce forum meet in New York City but he wasn’t able to make it.

Atomic_Anvil ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 4:50 PM

His bio says that he was living in the Shenandoah Valley of VA. And no, it's not me. Sorry for jumping in and confusing folks.

electroglyph ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 11:39 PM

I was hoping someone could remember a city and save me some legwork. I found 9 Thomas McCanns in Virginia. Of those only three are in the right age range. One in Lynchburg is closest to Charlottesville and the medical center but has three females at the same address. Another is just outside DC and has a wife. The final one is single, exactly the right age, and in the Shenandoah valley but almost on the Tennessee border. U of VA medical center is not his closest choice for a hospital being almost 200 miles away.

On the bright side, no obit for a Thomas McCann has been filed in Virginia within a year. The other alternative to buying or renting is being in a care facility somewhere. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.