Sat, Aug 3, 4:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:43 am)

Subject: (DYN HAIR) THANK YOU!!!

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 7:06 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 6:02 PM

file_476106.jpg

OMG - This is the hair I've always wanted for my character, and thanks to the RO community for the threads here delving into this esoteric feature!

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 7:27 PM

That's poser Dynamic hair?

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 7:31 PM

Yes, it is!  Unbelievable, right?

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 7:47 PM

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 7:53 PM

Love the wave in the hair. That looks so incredible.

dlfurman ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 8:35 PM

So details!

What did you find daunting?

What finally clicked?

Oh yeah, yeah more renders!

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 8:50 PM

very cool, the waviness is awesome.

the color from her chin down is excellent - not sure about the purplish tone on the top though? im viewing this on a netbook though so perhaps its the monitor.

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 8:56 PM

It's a bit purple, you're right, but that's an easy fix. 

The turning point for me was giving up on running simulations and focusing on exploring the styling tools.  Also, knowing why to create hair groups. 

Basically, you create a new hair group for any major shift in overall direction.  Anything more is overkill, and anything less is creating more hassle for yourself, because selecting guide hairs for editing when you have a ton is hard work if not impossible. 

Figuring out what render settings to tweak, and what lighting settings to tweak, and what object properties to tweak...there's a lot to discern and figure out.   I intend (read: will probably never materialize) to write a detailed summary of how it works so that any newb will understand.  At the moment, I'm still figuring a few things out.  (I haven't given up on Simulating just yet...does anyone know if root stiffness falloff should be low or high to have the falloff be closer to the root?)

carodan ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2011 at 6:04 AM

This came out very well. I like the way you've used the groups in this style. Just starting to think about groups so your insights are very welcome.

Hair Dynamics are a curious beast. I think there may be ways to use them for helping form simple styles, but I agree it's a dark art.

Look forward to seeing more. 

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2011 at 12:54 PM

Good job!!

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2011 at 8:29 PM

Outstanding! Gorgeous hair.

Cheerio

lululee

ghostman ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2011 at 6:19 PM

Top notch!  :woot:

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.