Tue, Oct 1, 5:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: PP2012 blur

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2011 at 5:05 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 9:20 AM

file_476355.jpg

I was working on my metal shaders and got feedback that I was missing iron. I objected that Poser can't really do a reflective iron - it doesn't get blurry enough. Well - that was true in the past.

This is PP2012 with blur (Reflect node softness) at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12!

This is very good for making "iron".

It takes a looong time to render, but it's a good effect and much more realistic than just using specular and diffuse nodes.

Of course, now this means "one more thing" and the release of BBMetal is postponed again. Ha!

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2011 at 5:06 PM

file_476356.jpg

Pewter also.

The blur (softness) here is 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2011 at 5:32 PM

Impressive stuff BB!

That iron does indeed look remarkable. It's exciting seeing the boundaries of Poser being pushed like this.

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

Anthanasius ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2011 at 6:06 PM · edited Thu, 15 December 2011 at 6:06 PM

Quote - It takes a looong time to render

Yes, but less than ppro2010 ;)

Since i discover it render fast i use blur all the time :D

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

OKCRandy ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2011 at 7:04 PM

Awesome Bill :)

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:30 AM

I was looking for this kind of shader since so long.

Awesome, impressive work.

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:39 AM

that is wonderful pewter

great 

Eternal Hobbyist

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 11:13 AM

file_476370.jpg

There is a beautiful knife in free stuff by elele

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=66713

The promo picture looks good, but it's carefully arranged with careful lighting to make it look good.

But in real use (i.e. just put it in the scene and use realistic lighting) it doesn't fair so well. But look what happens when you put nice shaders on it.

Top is original.

Bottom is with realism shaders. Note: The wood is also something new I'm working on - 100% procedural.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 11:14 AM

Nice wood :D

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.