Tue, Sep 24, 6:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:52 pm)

Subject: Second Runtime in Poser8

FWArt ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 7:50 AM ยท edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 11:24 AM

Hi, I am using Poser 8 and have Windows 7, and are using a laptop. The question I have, and I hope this is the right place for it.... as you might know there is a C Drive and a D Drive... of course the poser runtime is on the C Drive, however as I am a bit of a Poser addict, I have tons of textrures, materials, dresses, hair, characters... you get the idea and my C Drive is getting fuller and fuller, while the D Drive is still more less empty. So the question is, if I were to create a second Poser Runtime in my D Drive, could I then still use it in Poser, or does it only work when I have my runtime on the C Drive. I hope that all makes sense, if not please let me know if I need to include more detail here. Thanks, Fred

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 7:56 AM

Would have been quicker to try it, or read the manual, than posting here. But yes.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 8:35 AM

Yes, set up a new folder on the D: drive something like:-

D:My Poser StuffRuntimelibraries

Then in Poser use the add library icon and navigate to D:My Poser Stuff and click the OK. Poser will automatically add the required sub folders.

You can then populate that new runtime with your Poser stuff.

Hope that helps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.