Fri, Sep 20, 12:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser 2010 black areas on render

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 1:21 PM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 9:59 PM

file_476878.jpg

I get black not so nice looking areas where there is supposed to be some reflection when rendered in Poser 2010. But when rendered in Poser pro (can't remember if it is 8 or 9 :P ) it does just fine. What do I need to have the render settings in Poser 2010 to make it render right?

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2011 at 1:23 PM

file_476879.jpg

Poser 8 render with same lighting and same render settings.

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2012 at 8:36 AM

I could be wrong about this, but see if gamma correction is checked for rendering in 2010.  If it is, uncheck it and try a render without it.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2012 at 3:56 PM

I don't like using gamma correction so I always have it unchecked.

willdial ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2012 at 10:45 PM

I get those occasionally when I use Indirect Lighting. I noticed a few things about them.

• If you save the render as a TIF or a PNG, the alpha layer will contain a hole at those black spots.
  • Uncheck the Reflection_Lite_Mult on all materials that does not need them. My best guess is that the lighting is being multiplied too much.
  • If possable, do not use the velvet material node with Indirect Lighting. I heard from bagginsbill that the velvet material node has some issue.
  • I also noticed that they occur less frequently in Poser Pro 2010 32 bit compared to Poser Pro 2010 64 bit.
  • They will change with a different camera position. In a few instances, they will change when you render the image again.
  • Most annoying, it occurs in Poser Pro 2012.

I hope my observations will help. I have deleted many renders with this problem.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2012 at 10:56 PM

And it occurs in Poser 8, like, when you said, indirect lighting is involvled in the render. I have the same problem from time to time. I even had a render where the problem occured in two different places when I changed the render size.

I don't have an answer for how to correct it (except not using indirect lighting?). I just wanted you to know that it is not specific to your machine...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.