Sun, Oct 6, 8:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: GRRRRR.... Technical Difficulties? SM register page

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2012 at 3:50 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 12:08 PM

I attempted to do the online registration of my Poser 9, and received the following notification. I already sent the ticket in to SM, but I was wondering if anyone else has gotten this? I looked because I seem to remember someone else had a problem with registering, but I couldn't find the thread.

[quote]Our apologies, we appear to be encountering some technical difficulties. Please open a support ticket with us at http://support.smithmicro.com for assistance.[/quote]

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2012 at 4:59 PM

Yes, they have been having issues with the registration and store, but someone will help you real soon.  They did really good by me.  Sharen

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2012 at 5:28 PM

Yeah, I got an auto generated email telling me they were off for the weekend, so I suspect I will have an answer Monday. I just want to register so I can get the SR1 downloaded.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Vially ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2012 at 5:44 PM

Just got Poser Pro 2010, registered no problem, but every time I load it it tells me there is an update, go to the update and it wont except the dang serrial number...

So, yeah frustrating as hell...

Particularily since they want images of the box, the receipt, the back of the install CD (where the serials are) a pint of blood and a contract for my first born...

Haven't opened a ticket yet, simply because I'm still trying to get everything moved over to the new install.

Having fun though :)

V

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2012 at 5:51 PM

Poser is working fine for me right now. I've seen some issues reported here that were solved with the SR1 install, so I want to get it before I start having any problems. I am hoping it will be a quick fix, so I can get to work finding where they hid the Make Art button on this new version... hehehe...

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2012 at 9:04 PM

They forgot that button again.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 1:13 AM

Quote - They forgot that button again.

Oh, shoot! There goes my career as a 3D artist... :blink:

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 3:25 AM

I got a reply from SM on the registration issue. He just asked me what steps I was taking leading up to the error. I guess I wasn't too clear that it was the site having the problem and not me. I entered my serial number into Poser and got it up and running with no problems. I even started redoing my superhero costume...

Have to wait and see what they say. I would really like to register this thing and get the updates done....

Vially ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 5:11 PM

You able to get teh SP1?

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 5:33 PM

I just got a response from SM that they have manually entered my serial number. I am about to go and try to get the SR1 now

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 6:01 PM

GOT IT!!!!

My software is now registered, and I have the SR1 installed. Yeah me!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.