Sun, Oct 6, 8:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: If this has already been asked, please forgive me

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 4:43 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:47 AM

I have searched for an hour for the answer to this...

In the Poser 8 runtime, there was a folder for Python scripts. I can't seem to find this in the Poser 9 runtime.

If I am blind, and it's right under my nose, please tell me. I need to install quite a few scripts and can't figure out where they are supposed to go... this is embarassing...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

JAFO ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 4:50 PM

you can find them at this address... RuntimePythonposerscripts...i usually put all scripts in the utility folder

Y'all have a great day.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 4:53 PM

Strange... I don't have that folder. Maybe something went wrong with my install? Crap...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 4:54 PM

Um, I've found that the install puts the Python folder in the My Documents folder in a folder called Poser Pro 2012 Content - yours might be similarly done.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 4:54 PM

Check for compatibility first.  There is a Python scripting change with P9/PP2012 versions; any older scripts which have not been recompiled will not work.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 6:34 PM

The only folder I found is in the program files folder under Poser 9.... the scripts are working, so.... I guess that's where it is. I am going to ask SM...

JimTS ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 7:03 PM

1 uninstall Poser

2 Install to a C:Poser 9, directory and a C:Poser 9 Content, Directory

Be much happier when Poser works way better

Now after all that you will find the folder your after in the runtime of the content dir.

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

vilters ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 7:18 PM

You do not have to uninstall

Just do a search for *.py files.

They will tell you where they are located.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 7:28 PM

You do not have to uninstall

Just do a search for *.py files.

They will tell you where they are located.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 7:35 PM

They are located in the Program Files directory. Everything is working like it should. I realized that I can put my scripts anywhere I want to, and just find it when I install them in the Python window, so everything is good here.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 10:33 PM

Whew - seems like I'm posting the same information day after day.

There are two runtimes. One for program elements and scripts, the other for content.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 4:01 PM

Yeah, sorry about that, BB. I should have looked a little harder. I got it after I decided I had to do more than open the program and ask "yoohoo! Python, are in you in here?" Seems that inanimate objects don't answer after all... :biggrin:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.