Sun, Oct 6, 7:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Rigging and Weight-Map Tutorials by Phantom3D

lkendall ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2012 at 5:02 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 4:28 PM

Tony Project Tutorial 01

:arrow: Diogenes/Phantom3D has posted his first tutorial installment at PoserPlace as promised. This is a rigging, weight-map, and figure preparation tutorial. The subject figure is Antonio, a male counterpart for Antonia~WM.:icon-eek:

The participants will help in the development of this figure for the Poser Community. Antonio~WM will need morphs, poses, some more modeling work, textures, clothes, and all of the things that make a figure sucessful. So, even those who are not very interested in rigs and weight-maps are welcome to join in this Poser Community initiative.

Tony Project Tutorial 01

Because this is a from scratch figure, anything that needs to be changed can be changed. This is differant from Antonia~WM, and V4~WM. Backward compatibility had to be preserved. It is a fantastic learning opportunity.

What is required of participants? Civility. Treat everyone with respect, and take arguements or off topic debates to another website. Diogenes/Phantom3D is the final arbitrator and decision maker. What he says goes. Let's not distract from the creativity.

Already more than 100 people have accessed the thread. You are all invited to participate. You may not feel that you have much to offer, but everybody brings something to the mix. The more, the merrier:eusa-dance:

Sorry for the extra post, but a lot of people thought the Antonio thread was another thread about Antonia, and have been skipping it.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2012 at 5:08 PM

This is a very important and exciting development!  :woot:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2012 at 5:25 PM

I sink in my chair.
Pinch my arm.
Think I am dreaming.

FYI : My first name in Tony :-)

Make him Good.
Mke him better, kind and sweet please. :-)

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 3:07 AM

Smith Micro gave us the tools with Poser Pro 2012.

Phantom3D is giving us the instructions, the knowledge, the insights we need how to USE these tools!

He is completing the circle of "Preserving the Freedom to Create Our Own"!!

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 9:16 AM · edited Tue, 31 January 2012 at 9:29 AM

The Tutorials will be kept up at Poser Place so that when people can drop by to view them, they will be there. Diogenes/Phantom3D is getting the second tutorial ready now, and it will soon be put up. So drop by and join in.

While these tutorials are specific to Poser, particularly, P9/PP2012, Diogenes/Phantom3D has a very broad understanding of the process of model creation. So, anyone interested would get something out of this project.

lmk

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:17 PM

Tony Project Tutorial 02

Tutorial 02 is now posted in this thread at PoserPlace. All interested parties are invited to participate.

*"This tutorial deals with sculpting and shaping using the weight maps and setting up a helper bone with dependent parameters.

Much better sound and video this time and smaller too. Sorry about tute one being such bad video.

Any questions about this tutorial Please post them in this thread."* Phantom3D.

Please continue to monitor this thread so that I don't need to start a new thread for each tutorial.

lmk

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:51 PM

For clarification, questions about the tutorials should be posted in the Tutorial threads at PoserPlace. Sorry to not have thought through the logic of giving that quote before posting.

It is okay to spread the news of this on other Poser forums. I cannot possibly find them all, and I can use all the help I can get to publicize this. Any one who would like to add this to a Poser site newsletter may do so. Please?

lmk

Janl ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 8:46 PM

This is a very exciting. Thank you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.