Mon, Jul 8, 4:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 8:11 pm)

Subject: (OT) Whitney Houston has Died

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 10:01 PM · edited Sat, 29 June 2024 at 3:22 AM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 10:11 PM

it's very sad IMVHO - some problem arose at the pre-grammies party.  awaiting toxicology report.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 10:15 PM

Rest in Peace. At Last.

Thanks for the memories.

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 10:25 PM

Wow ... she was a great tallent.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

Anthanasius ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 11:01 PM

Cause unknow ?

Lol !

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 11:26 PM

very sad, she was a great singer and performer.  

jartz ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 1:23 AM

She had such a great voice... yet gone too soon.  I'm still shocked.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

ashley9803 ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 1:35 AM

Another drug addicted pop star bites the dust. You can almost set your watch by them. Breadfan

vitachick ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 4:39 AM

Very sad news..

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 6:36 AM

Quote - Another drug addicted pop star bites the dust. You can almost set your watch by them. Breadfan

... as opposed to another drug addicted metalhead, or drug addicted jazzman... what's your point in making a nasty comment about someone that others in the thread obviously admire?

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 11:20 AM

As I told my nieces when they went through a big fan crush as teenagers you can respect the artist, sportsman or whatever for his talent in one field while being critical  of their personal conduct. As fans we can't know what was happening in her life to lead to bad choices. She has a mother, daughter and husband who mourn the loss of someone we really did not know.

Whitney Houston was a great singer for a long career, sadly her personal choices ended her career and caused her relationship and legal problems. She seemed to be getting her life in better order and seemed to be making a bit of a return to singing.

Lets acknowledge the loss of a talent without getting into her personal troubles. 

The coroners report is expected in about 6 weeks.

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 3:45 PM
Online Now!

What a shame and my heart goes out to those close to her who, on one hand were lucky to know her, but on the other had to share in the pain seeing her when clearly far from happy.  Ironic that that she is not alone in being able to make many millions of people happy but had difficulty finding lasting happiness for herself.  

When so many people wish to be famous moments like this might be a time to reflect and decide if the price of that fame just might be too high.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 3:45 PM

RIP Whitney. At least you are free now.

ashley9803 ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 11:14 PM

Quote - > Quote - Another drug addicted pop star bites the dust. You can almost set your watch by them. Breadfan

... as opposed to another drug addicted metalhead, or drug addicted jazzman... what's your point in making a nasty comment about someone that others in the thread obviously admire?

I am also an admirer, but it just makes be damn angry to see such tallent thrown away like that. Marc Bolan, Jimmy Hendrix, Bon Scott etc. etc. such a tragic waste, you could almost call it selfish.

Coleman ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2012 at 1:34 AM

Sad to hear. Such a beautiful voice.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2012 at 7:22 AM

Marc Bolan?  His girlfriend crashed into a tree.  Hardly selfish or self inflicted.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ashley9803 ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 12:24 AM

Quote - Marc Bolan?  His girlfriend crashed into a tree.  Hardly selfish or self inflicted.

Both had been drinking heavily at? Mortons in London I think. Getting into a car with a drunk driver is self-inflicted in my book.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 7:23 AM

Both had been drinking but not heavily, according to everything I've read about the incident.  Bolan cut down on drinking when he got fit again and took up running.  But, had it been the case he was rip roaring drunk, he'd be in no fit state to judge if Gloria was fit to drive.  A case against her was never pursued, so it's a moot point.

The condition of the car itself was reckoned to be a major factor; it'd been in for a check and service but the mechanic put the wheels on wrong and didn't tighten the wheel nuts.

Heath Ledger's another one to consider.  Maybe his was self inflicted but then again he was in no fit state to judge what he was doing.  The guy desperately needed professional help.  Even the coroner criticized the recent trend to prescribe drugs without proper professional backup. 

But, dead is dead.  Whether it's someone you like or not, somebody is missing them and grieving.  I never cared for Houston nor her attitude but I feel sympathy for her family and friends. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 8:45 AM

Quote - Sad to hear. Such a beautiful voice.

She did have a beautiful voice. From the moment she opened her mouth to sing, you knew it was her.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.