Mon, Sep 9, 3:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Question about WM V4.2

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 8:33 AM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 12:47 AM

I'm trying out v4.2 wm.  I have v4.2 loaded and when I run the python script, I get this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2012RuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenuPoserPlaceWeight_Pose_Applicator6g.py", line 3, in
import wx, wx.py, wx.aui
File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2012RuntimePythonlibsite-packageswx-2.8-msw-ansiwx__init__.py", line 45, in
from wx._core import *
File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2012RuntimePythonlibsite-packageswx-2.8-msw-ansiwx_core.py", line 4, in
import core
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

What's up with it?  I put both files I downloaded from PP into my default runtime.  I can't wait to use her, she looks gorgeous in the renders by others.  Where do you get the script to bone the clothes?

Delaney

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 8:40 AM

You should run the script with an empty scene. There is no need to have V4 loaded in the scene before running the script.  Try running the script with an empty scene and follow the directions from the PDF manual that comes with V4WM.

You can download The Outfitter from here:

http://poserplace.phantom3d.net/PP_Outfitter/pp_outfitter.html

Vestmann's Gallery

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 8:43 AM

Do you have V4 installed in that Runtime?  I believe the geometry files need to go into the same runtime as V4...

The clothing utility, Outfitter, is here...

http://poserplace.phantom3d.net/PP_Outfitter/pp_outfitter.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 10:06 AM · edited Wed, 29 February 2012 at 10:10 AM

file_479006.jpg

You don't need to have V4 in the same runtime:-

Load up the Applicator 6g script.

Top one, browse to your basic V4.2, with that I mean with no injection added etc.

Now, the next one down, this is the weight injection pose location.

The last one is the Helper bones location.

Once you have all those in place, run the script.

After a while you will have a V4WM on your screen and the script will have finished.

Now save this new version to a Character foldero f your choice, call it V4 WM.

Delete the version out of the work space and tehn load her up again.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 10:55 AM · edited Wed, 29 February 2012 at 11:03 AM

Okay, python script is installed and the bones are in the geometries file in the runtime.  Empty scene.  My scenes always load up with Andy in them, but I deleted him out as per usual.

Still getting the same error when I run the script, though.

I have a pp 2012 runtime though, and in my library I also have pp 2010's runtime added in.  Could the conflict be with 2 runtimes both with python scripts in them?

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 11:12 AM

I'm going to try uninstalling pp 2010 and 2012 and then reinstalling just pp2012 and see what happens.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 11:24 AM

file_479015.jpg

Install the runtime files to your runtime.

Make a folder in your Character section of Poser Pro 2012.

Copy the files shown in the pic into that folder.

Then follow the previous instructions.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 11:56 AM

Hmm.  That's a wx import error.  Strange.  Do you get the same error if you try to run other scripts?  All of the D3D scripts in the Scripts-->Partners-->Dimension3D menu seem to use wx for the GUI.  If these don't cause the same error, then there's something odd happening.  If they do, there's a problem with wxPython in your installation.  😕

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 12:22 PM

Quote - Hmm.  That's a wx import error.  Strange.  Do you get the same error if you try to run other scripts?  All of the D3D scripts in the Scripts-->Partners-->Dimension3D menu seem to use wx for the GUI.  If these don't cause the same error, then there's something odd happening.  If they do, there's a problem with wxPython in your installation.  😕

I have had it with others, I just thought they weren't compatible with pp2012, so that's why I'm thinking the new install will probably fix it up.  

sigh..I want to play with WM V4 now, please.  lol.  I"m so impatient sometimes.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 12:57 PM

Did you transfer your PP2010 into the PP2012 runtime?  If so, you may have broken Poser, Python Script changed between the 2 versions.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 1:28 PM

are weight maps are stored in the obj file or the cr2?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 1:29 PM

CR2

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 1:58 PM

Quote - Did you transfer your PP2010 into the PP2012 runtime?  If so, you may have broken Poser, Python Script changed between the 2 versions.

I did.  I just don't use python that much, so the couple of scripts I used, I figured were not compatible, now I believe you are right and I broke at least the python part of pp 2012.  I also had the 2012 runtime too.  Do you think I could transfer any of the content I had installed in 2010 stuff over like Daz people, morphs, etc as long as I don't put the python folder in there?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 3:12 PM

you could add your 2010 main runtime and d/l runtime as externals. 

It's handy to have the old poser around, to extract thumbnails, etc.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 3:16 PM

Quote - you could add your 2010 main runtime and d/l runtime as externals. 

It's handy to have the old poser around, to extract thumbnails, etc.

I may try this, thanks!

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 8:51 PM

Okay, in trying it now, I was able to load the script and ran it, then it gave me a message saying it couldn't open the cr.2 file.. but it put V4.2 in the scene.. and then gave me this message

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2012RuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenuPoserPlaceWeight_Pose_Applicator6g.py", line 1280, in runScript
remove_JCM=self.checkJCM.GetValue(),remove_JSM=self.checkJSM.GetValue(),remove_mags=self.checkMag.GetValue())
File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2012RuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenuPoserPlaceWeight_Pose_Applicator6g.py", line 144, in load_cr2
scene.SaveLibraryFigure(pathDonor_temp) # Save figure back to library under a new name; this cr2 will be edited and loaded by the loader cr2
poser.error: Error writing figure library file

any ideas?  This is after a reinstall of PP 2012.  I completely deleted out the first and pp 2010.

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 9:19 PM

Oh wait, I think it worked, second time I loaded it, it did it with no message.  And it has bones, too!

Thank you guys!

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 29 February 2012 at 9:50 PM

Quote - any ideas?  This is after a reinstall of PP 2012.  I completely deleted out the first and pp 2010.

I would assume this was a write access error to your libraries.  What is your OS and where do you have your libraries installed?  😕

But I see that you got it working.  That is good.  :laugh:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.