Sun, Oct 6, 5:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Shader Question

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2012 at 3:09 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 2:46 AM

Hi all my fine Carrara friends!

I am hoping someone here can help me.

What I am trying to do is drive a texture map in the glow channel.  I want to be able to control how much the map "glows" with the percentage value.

I've tried the mixers and I am just not getting the result I'm looking for.  It seems that no matter what a percentage only controls how white something is.

I've come across this problem a few times and I guess I'm just not looking at it from the right perspective.

An example of usefulness would be if you had a control panel with a texture map with little coloured lights (says some green and some red) and you wanted to have them bright in some scenes and dim or off in others... or maybe even be able to animate this parameter.

Another example is to bring a bit of brightness into the whites of a character's eyes, but using the texture map so you don't loose the red veins.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

GKDantas ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2012 at 6:43 AM

file_479225.jpg

Hi, try this setup in glow channel. The red color is the real glow color and the black will fade out the effect based in the value slider.

You cna use a image map to glow only area that you want.

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 9:35 AM

Brilliant!

Thanks GK, that's exactly what I needed.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the shaders in Carrara.  I really was a big fan of the node style material room in Poser. lol

ProPose001 ( ) posted Sat, 10 March 2012 at 2:02 AM

Quote - Hi, try this setup in glow channel. The red color is the real glow color and the black will fade out the effect based in the value slider.

You cna use a image map to glow only area that you want.

Could you show a screen-shot of how that would be set up with an image map, thanx

GKDantas ( ) posted Sat, 10 March 2012 at 4:41 AM

file_479311.jpg

You need to use the Bland mode and a texture map to create the effect, like the image shows.

GKDantas ( ) posted Sat, 10 March 2012 at 4:42 AM

file_479312.jpg

Here is how the effect look in the end with Aura effect applied.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.