Wed, Sep 18, 11:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 8:42 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Halcyone Fairy Cottage files corrupt

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 10:35 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 3:21 AM

The Fairy Cottage hit the store and I grabbed it. In my account the files have an extension of .zipx instead of .zip. I didn't notice it until they were downloaded. I changed the extension and the zips opened, but most of the files will not decompress.

Halp!

Thanks

MacMyers ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 11:30 PM

.zipx is a default file config for the "New" Winzip. In order to open .zipx files you will need to download and install a trial version of WinZip, PowerArchiver or Stuffit Deluxe.

I'll see about getting this fixed.

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 11:44 PM

Thank you. I do not wish to install a trial version of anything.

I use Windows 7 and Explorer for unzipping.

MacMyers ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 11:48 PM

Ok... working on it.

Spit ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2012 at 12:05 AM

Thanks!

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2012 at 4:49 PM

7zip may have some level of support for some of the new compression methods used in ZIPX files (version >= 9.20 apparently).

Spit ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2012 at 5:48 PM

Even though I normally use Win7 Explorer for zips (I drag n drop to runtime), I also have 7zip v9.20 and tried that.

No go.

Still waiting for a regular zip file. Unless and until a free solution is available (and trials don't count) I think this is non-starter for Renderosity. I understand very well the reason to want this because of savings in bandwidth and storage. But it should just be a matter of time until a solultion becomes available.

Meanwhile....

MacMyers ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2012 at 7:51 PM

Hang in there.... we are working with the vendor.

The compression savings are not worth the hassle to us.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2012 at 8:02 PM

Quote - I think this is non-starter for Renderosity.

I agree. It's definitely unfortunate that this slipped through the checking process. I can only think the tester must have been using WinZip and didn't notice the ZIPX extension.

As usual with these slip-ups the key thing should be to tighten the procedure to prevent it happening again.

Spit ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2012 at 8:06 PM

I'm hanging. :) I do appreciate the effort.

Thanks.

Spit ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 7:38 AM

Yes!!!

Grabbed something from the Marketplace this morning, went to my account to download, thought I'd check the Fairy Cottage order and YES, the regular zips were there.

Downloaded, installed, test render.....perfecto.

Thank you very much!

(Mavka, kali, kelm and various and sundry fairy critters and creatures thank you and Halcyone too!)

MacMyers ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 8:24 AM

Great.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.