Wed, Sep 18, 2:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: V4 morphs stopped loading

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 11:44 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

Hi, I'm having issues getting V4's morphs to load.

I found on Daz to install V4 to Studio and load her into Poser from there but that don't work either.
Right now I have DS 3 and 4 pro advance and Poser 8 and 9 installed and now Have V4 installed to each of their runtimes both under my documents and under program files. All have been initilized and none with any errors. I've tried running as admin and nothing.
V4 alone loads fine but if I try to load the morphs only 1 will show up for example sselect the chest and the only dial is ChestSize, if I select the morphs individualy under the morphs folder that 1 morph will work fine if I load a 2nd morph then the first will dissappear.
I've redownloaded V4 and her morphs and tried them it's still the same.

I just pulled up DS4 pro and loaded V4 and her morphs and they are working fine from all directories, why is Poser refusing to load them?

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm at my wits end.

Oh I'm running Win7 and UAC is off... funny thing is V4 was working properly several months ago now she quit working, I noticed this the other day. Today is the first day Poser 9 has been on my computer so I know it wasn't a poser install issue.

Thanks

JAFO ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 11:57 AM · edited Thu, 15 March 2012 at 11:59 AM

i had this problem before, if you reload and reinitialise V4 with the morphs already installed it may work again...it worked for me...good luck

oh BTW theres a cockroach runnin around on your avitar, may wana stomp that...

:O)

Y'all have a great day.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 11:58 AM

Why did you load V4 in both P8 and P9?  You could load one instance into either versions and externally link the runtime to the other. 

Now, did you run update from your desktop icon?

toastie ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 12:30 PM

Yeah. Mine stopped working in PP2012 recently too. I reinstalled V4 and the morphs started working again. No idea what was up with that.

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 12:46 PM

Quote - Why did you load V4 in both P8 and P9?  You could load one instance into either versions and externally link the runtime to the other. 

Now, did you run update from your desktop icon?

Originally V4 stopped working in P8 so after I installed P9 and tried it she still wasn't working, so I installed her to P9 to try. I did run the update from the desktop, if I remember correctly without doing that V4 won't load at all or theres some error that comes up.

JAFO, I tried reinitializing and it's now working out of the Daz folder thanks.

And that roach I've tried swatting it but keep missing lol.

Odd that V4 is doing this I guess there's just something between her and Poser that is not mashing well.

Thanks for the help

I think I might have to go do some runtime cleaning so I don't get all mixed up now :)

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 1:36 PM · edited Thu, 15 March 2012 at 1:36 PM

If you have multiple V4s installed, DON'T run the update from the desktop.  That will only update the last installed V4.

Instead, in each V4 runtime, go to runtime/libraries/!DAZ (I used forward slashes because backslashes don't work in this forum) and run the file DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat which will update the figure in that runtime.

Really, as hborre noted, you should just have one V4 runtime and link each application to it as an external runtime, as it's less hassle and saves a lot of space...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.