Mon, Sep 23, 11:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 11:27 am)

Subject: Optimal PoserPro 2012 Setup on Win7 64-bit System

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2012 at 8:45 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

Has anyone done a tutorial on how best to setup (especially optimizing render options)  PoserPro2012 on a Windows 7, 64-bit system? 

(Mine will have an overclocked 4.5 GHz 6-core Intel I7 3930 processor, 32 Gig DDR3 memory and a GeoForce GTX 680 graphics card.) 

Also, are some of the old setup tweaks (like how to stop Poser from trying to automatically connect over the internet to Content Paradise, etc.) still necessary?

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2012 at 9:55 AM
Online Now!

You can disable auto-connect in General Preferences.  Select default setting during installation which will place content runtime in your shared document folder away from the Program Files folder.

A tutorial?  Nothing available, and unfortunately, Rendo's Wiki is no longer maintained.

aRtBee ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2012 at 10:19 AM

I'm working on a tutorial, you can find the preliminary version here:

Link to file: http://www.artbeeweb.nl/aRtBee_-_Understanding_the_Poser_Program.pdf

although most attention goes to machines having resource problems. Same for render settings, most of them are for (test)rendering on machines with lower specs. But there might be some useful tips in the tut.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2012 at 10:48 AM

I have it and my content installed on a separate partition from Windows, so I can reinstall Windows without losing anything. 

I also have the included PP2012 content installed in a folder with all of my other external runtimes so I can keep them all backed up easily.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Demon2330 ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2012 at 8:19 AM

Quote - I have it and my content installed on a separate partition from Windows, so I can reinstall Windows without losing anything. 

I also have the included PP2012 content installed in a folder with all of my other external runtimes so I can keep them all backed up easily.

I should probably do that myself I kinda have everything the poser default.

but the other option is do incremental HDD backups to another drive , I use Acronis Home image for it because it works like Nrn ghost in the fact it can restore my copy of  windows and any applications on windows without having to reactivate.

downside unlike ghost though adware can get into the image if it is already on your system so the soultion would be to have a minimum image on a blu-ray / DVD with poser and runtime installed (without key) this way if you lost your recovery disc it would be useless and since each system is different windows would automatically be deactivated , I have a min image on a 25GB BD as my Runtime is about 10GB.

Desktop : AMD FX4100 , GT-630 1GB, 4x BD-RE , AOC e2343 23in LED Monitor , 1TB External (120mb/s write speed)(stores my all poser stuff and photo's from camera) and 1TB internal HDD

P2010 , P2012 , P2014 , Reality 3 , Max 2014 , Lightwave 11 , Showcase 2014 

Website @ www.steadyrabbitdesign.freezoy.com (New site still under construction) & Dev art : Tim2700

JIMMYJOHN ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2012 at 2:12 PM

Quote - I'm working on a tutorial, you can find the preliminary version here:

Link to file: http://www.artbeeweb.nl/aRtBee_-_Understanding_the_Poser_Program.pdf

although most attention goes to machines having resource problems. Same for render settings, most of them are for (test)rendering on machines with lower specs. But there might be some useful tips in the tut.

That is a very useful tutorial.

Thanks for sharing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.