Fri, Sep 20, 11:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

inquire ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 4:47 PM

Quote - Gawd! What is happening here! Haven't got notifications for days and now there are new PAGES with posts!

Hmm.. this feels like the 'good ol' ~Daz Reality forum~ days! :)

May I tease you guys a little with a screenshot of my new ~now being tested~ Reality Light System (RLS)?

And ~yes~, the forum, guide and update thumbs actually work..

tickle

This looks terrific, Callad. All that hard work! Please consider charging. I wouldn't mind paying. You'd still deserve many thanks.

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 4:48 PM
callad ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 4:51 PM · edited Thu, 14 March 2013 at 4:55 PM

Nope. FREEBIE! :) It is my way of supporting the Daz / Luxrender community and certainly Paolo as well.

EDIT: btw, the SCS is not part of the set, that's my old 3Delight freebie, obsolete since the dawn of Reality ;)

john3d ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 5:17 PM

Looking forward to trying it Charley :)

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 5:27 PM

Quote - Nope. FREEBIE! :) It is my way of supporting the Daz / Luxrender community and certainly Paolo as well.

EDIT: btw, the SCS is not part of the set, that's my old 3Delight freebie, obsolete since the dawn of Reality ;)

Looking forward to this :)

"obsolete since the dawn of Reality" - have you ever heard of the word update :p

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 5:47 PM

Quote - "obsolete since the dawn of Reality" - have you ever heard of the word update :p

grins Yes, in fact my new set IS the 'update' of the SCS that worked with internal Daz lights.

I just got a little bit carried away when I realized the extra things I could do with it because of Reality so I extended the package a little bit.

..it just took me three years to figger out how I should parent a meshlight to a camera and make the meshlight still be seen in Reality..

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 7:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - The way DAZ has been conducting their buisness it would not surprise me. They want to control content with DIN.

Just have to comment on this. I tried the DIM. Spent hours selecting 379 files to test, mostly Genesis. Started DIM. (This is the Mac version.) It quit. All 379 selected files were lost. In other words, there was no way the app would save or keep track of the files that had been selected. And, yes, I did look for a way to "Save" those selections within the DIM. Nope, no way.

I have no use for it not with almost 200G of content in my DS Runtime alone.....

argel1200 ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 9:35 PM

I'm the opposite with the DIM. I have a ton of content I purchased but never downloaded (I used to use a tool to automate the installation, but the DAZ installers broke that back in March 2011 IIRC). And I knew the DIM was in the works, matybe close to a year ago (back when I was still active in the forums and I was a Megento Ninja). So I was still buying stuff but would only download a small handlful of items (i.e. ones I was immediatly interested in using). So thanks to DIM, I finally have access to all of my purchases. As a side note, I was also buying a lot here at RMP, where I could easily install stuff. And yes, I know I spend too much on this hobby!! ;)

deviantArt Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 9:51 PM · edited Thu, 14 March 2013 at 9:54 PM

Quote - I'm the opposite with the DIM. I have a ton of content I purchased but never downloaded (I used to use a tool to automate the installation, but the DAZ installers broke that back in March 2011 IIRC). And I knew the DIM was in the works, matybe close to a year ago (back when I was still active in the forums and I was a Megento Ninja). So I was still buying stuff but would only download a small handlful of items (i.e. ones I was immediatly interested in using). So thanks to DIM, I finally have access to all of my purchases. As a side note, I was also buying a lot here at RMP, where I could easily install stuff. And yes, I know I spend too much on this hobby!! ;)

Dont we all thosands but I have been fortunate and made most of it in commissions.

Hobby? More like obession and since what I do is concept based I dont really need to be using Lux. I just prefer to... After a year plus I am used to what to expect when adjusting materials.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 10:59 PM

Quote - > Quote - The creator sci labs I just get the feeling ds wants it's own plug in

Spheric Labs is actually edited by staff, who works or worked for DAZ as "Developer Relations" for the Studio SDK. I have attached copy of the public record about the registration of the company, note the date. I wonder why they keep it a secret. 

When DAZ released Studio 4, you might remember that it took me some time to get Reality adapted to work on DS4. DAZ asked Ammon to "help me" port Reality to DS4. That would have involved, of course, to give them my source code.  I declined and boy I am glad now that I did so :)

Cheers.

Guys do NOT post personal information in the forum. I understand that it can be looked up by the public but it is not needed in the forum. Also, please make sure that you know all facts before posting. Starting a bashing in the forum is not tolerated.

Thanks!

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 7:16 AM · edited Fri, 15 March 2013 at 7:18 AM
bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 7:17 AM · edited Fri, 15 March 2013 at 7:21 AM
bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 7:19 AM · edited Fri, 15 March 2013 at 7:22 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 4:27 PM · edited Fri, 15 March 2013 at 4:28 PM

file_492641.jpg

Did everybody go elsewhere? Anyhoo new odd glitch. I started to collect textures in order not to have the need to have my external drive hooked up if just rendering. When I attempt to load up scenes that I saved with the collect txt marked I get the result shown below as oppose to a previous scene save without will load fine. Any thoughts?

Reggie68 ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 4:28 PM

Is your external drive still connected?

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 4:29 PM

Quote - Is your external drive still connected?

Yes when I just loaded it to take the screen shot minutes ago

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 4:39 PM

They all appear to be morph injections. Resave the scene (give it a new name to be safe) and reload it.

My DA Gallery

Reggie68 ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 4:41 PM

It's not installed as a different drive letter has it?

Looks to me like DAZ thinks it's not connected.

Did you connect it before you started Studio?

Have you started Studio without it connected?

Does it show in the Runtimes list?

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 5:01 PM

Quote -
I have no use for it not with almost 200G of content in my DS Runtime alone.....

Same here, no desire and no need to use it. Hopefully it will never becaome mandatory. Same with meta data

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 5:08 PM · edited Fri, 15 March 2013 at 5:14 PM

Thanks guys. Like I said other scenes load fine all that happens from what I can tell is some expressions that were saved dont load up but I am still able to add them. I will experiment more & report my findings its not really stopping me from what I need to do. Its more curiousity. Its also windows so could be the external lost communication for a short while who knows...

Mike with Daz you never know... Im sorry I got Paolo in trouble :b_lipssealed:

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 5:15 PM

You didn't get me in trouble Bob. Unless you know something that I don't :)

If you refer to the removal of the pdf in my post here in the forum  that was not you. I didn't realize that public records from the Web were off limits and I apologized to Kimberly privately about the mishandling. But that was me, not you :) 

Cheers.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 5:17 PM · edited Fri, 15 March 2013 at 5:25 PM

Quote - You didn't get me in trouble Bob. Unless you know something that I don't :)

If you refer to the removal of the pdf in my post here in the forum  that was not you. I didn't realize that public records from the Web were off limits and I apologized to Kimberly privately about the mishandling. But that was me, not you :) 

Cheers.

Thanks for that we will stick to our topic and great plug in

Edit after all of that makes me ralize besides dedicating yourself to great software. What a mature & classy individual you are. You more then deserve your loyal fan base.

inquire ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 5:18 PM

Quote - > Quote -

Same here, no desire and no need to use it. Hopefully it will never becaome mandatory. Same with meta data

I wouldn't mind the ability to tell when flles have been updated. Then, I could decide if I wanted to download and install them. 

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 7:39 PM

Thanks Anton Resaved the scene under a new name that fixed it!

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 10:42 PM

Quote - Also, please make sure that you know all facts before posting. Starting a bashing in the forum is not tolerated.

Hi Kimberly.

It was not my intension to start a "bashing" in the forum, it was just a matter of clarifying the identity of people who engage in business. Since day one I made clear that Pret-a-3D is myself, Paolo Ciccone. There is nothing wrong  in being transparent.

The facts that I reported are solidly documented. I have correspondence that dates back to 2011 that proves what I claimed and I am more than willing to provide it if requested. 

All the best.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

callad ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 4:01 PM

"Caught in Light"

One CurvedLight and one Projector from my new set I am creating. ~For Reality~ I might add these days...

5 minute set-up for scene and lighting, it really is as easy as that.

Caught in Light

inquire ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 4:04 PM

Oh, Callad, this looks so beautiful. What neat light sets you are creating.

callad ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 4:17 PM

Thank you Inquire! :)

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 4:20 PM
RFreise ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 4:21 PM
Online Now!

Very nice work Callad

callad ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 4:22 PM

Thank you guys! :)

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 5:04 PM

Very cool

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 6:27 PM · edited Sat, 16 March 2013 at 6:29 PM

file_492698.png

Something else I have come to Realize. We have had folks correct us when saying made with Reality, (as opposed to rendered with Reality) but after seeing what else is out there I think the term or Reality render does apply...

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 7:05 PM

...Callad, nice work.

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 7:21 PM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/458-359892434

file_492702.jpg

To think I could not get eyes to work when I started..

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 7:23 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 7:24 PM
inquire ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 8:30 PM

Quote - To think I could not get eyes to work when I started..

The eyes are tops in this one.

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 9:12 PM

Attached Link: full-size version

file_492705.jpg

I know the emphasis is always on doing realistic renders, but I've also been experimenting with deliberately trying to get a painterly "antique" feel with some renders and I'm finding the Reality-Luxrender pipeline giving me best results with least amount of effort.

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 9:21 PM

Quote - I know the emphasis is always on doing realistic renders, but I've also been experimenting with deliberately trying to get a painterly "antique" feel with some renders and I'm finding the Reality-Luxrender pipeline giving me best results with least amount of effort.

To the contrary.. I think the emphasis would just be doing what you like.  I think we all get into this mostly to be able to visualize the images in our heads.  I occasionally like to do some painterly things, or add some wild stuff in postwork.  Most of it doesn't come off as good as I want it to; but, I'm gettin there.  Your render, though, is pretty cool.  I like the whole concept of it.  Most of my fantasy-esque renders revolve around women with some type of blade so it's right up my alley.

mattymanx ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 9:42 PM

file_492706.png

Luxball 6 scene for Poser and DAZ Studio.

http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5527&p=94030#p94030

I have converted the famous Luxball scene for use in Poser and DS.  This is designed as a handy little test scene where you can do all the testing you want and be able to compare to other lux users. (incase you dont know)

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 9:42 PM

Quote - > Quote - To think I could not get eyes to work when I started..

The eyes are tops in this one.

Thanks

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 10:22 PM

...OK started the "Big Install". I need to know where to place Lux 1.2.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 10:23 PM

Quote - ...OK started the "Big Install". I need to know where to place Lux 1.2.

Anywhere if you have the installer in it will be in your prog files

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 10:27 PM

Testing Callad's updated Reality lights.  This one is a softbox with the snoot extended to max.  Framed the subject into the tunnel that the snoot made, made sure it was out of my shot in the real camera.  The background shadow was really noisy.  Had red hot pixels all over it that just never got better.  So I just ran the final render thru photoshop to give it a taste of my hot pixel remover filter.  Still didn't look all the great.  Her "clothes" is 3D-Age's Peek turned into a glass texture with a smoky sort of map added to it.  It did some weird things to the refraction but they're not all that bad.  All in all, think all of us reality users are going to have a fun time with Callad's light set once it's all done.

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 12:09 AM

Quote - > Quote - ...OK started the "Big Install". I need to know where to place Lux 1.2.

...OK for now it is on the desktop. 

Now running into a bit of a snag as I need to register the 64 bit version to the workstaion. I followed the steps for Offline registration to get the activation code but something failed (recieved the code "ER03" after submitting the form).

Sent an email regarding this.

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 12:10 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - ...OK started the "Big Install". I need to know where to place Lux 1.2.

...OK for now it is on the desktop. 

Now running into a bit of a snag as I need to register the 64 bit version to the workstaion. I followed the steps for Offline registration to get the activation code but something failed (recieved the code "ER03" after submitting the form).

Sent an email regarding this.

Wait for Polo look forward to seeing your renders

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 1:16 AM

...the good thing is I can cancel from the registration screen and still run 4.5.

Still have a lot to install yet and that will keep me busy for a few days so no real hurry.

Can't wait to give it a go once everything is ready.

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 1:19 AM

Quote - Testing Callad's updated Reality lights.  This one is a softbox with the snoot extended to max.  Framed the subject into the tunnel that the snoot made, made sure it was out of my shot in the real camera.  The background shadow was really noisy.  Had red hot pixels all over it that just never got better.  So I just ran the final render thru photoshop to give it a taste of my hot pixel remover filter.  Still didn't look all the great.  Her "clothes" is 3D-Age's Peek turned into a glass texture with a smoky sort of map added to it.  It did some weird things to the refraction but they're not all that bad.  All in all, think all of us reality users are going to have a fun time with Callad's light set once it's all done.

...crikey, looks like she was "goccinized".

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 4:20 AM

Quote - Luxball 6 scene for Poser and DAZ Studio.

http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5527&p=94030#p94030

I have converted the famous Luxball scene for use in Poser and DS.  This is designed as a handy little test scene where you can do all the testing you want and be able to compare to other lux users. (incase you dont know)

Thanks, Matty!

My DA Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.