Fri, Sep 20, 7:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 10:56 AM

Quote - > Quote - Just a scene from a project, enjoy! (click for full)

Cant deny your talent man!

Don't forget the talent of his g/f, having to pose in all sort of positions for his renders :)

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 11:04 AM

Quote - Showing off the chainmail texture I made for hongyu's bikini.

Your improving keep it up

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 11:09 AM · edited Tue, 24 July 2012 at 11:10 AM

Attached Link: Giants scrap

file_484244.jpg

LOL Anton fighting scene...

BradHP ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 11:33 AM · edited Tue, 24 July 2012 at 11:33 AM

Attached Link: http://fav.me/d58jy48

She had been hearing strange noises in the night, so she decided to set up a camera beside the bed.

Click link for slightly higher quality on dA.

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 11:53 AM · edited Tue, 24 July 2012 at 11:53 AM

Attached Link: Close up

file_484245.jpg

Portrait

BradHP ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 1:19 PM

Quote - She had been hearing strange noises in the night, so she decided to set up a camera beside the bed.

Ignore this, just realized it's the wrong one.  Correct version coming later today.  

Surreal3D ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 2:28 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

This is a work in progress tribute to Boris Vallejo titled "Soap / Counterfeit Lover".

I still need to create a small prop that will go over the right hand and add soap suds on the body, and there's a slight problem with the hair but I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along.

Soap

erik-nl ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 2:44 PM · edited Tue, 24 July 2012 at 2:50 PM

Quote - This is a work in progress tribute to Boris Vallejo titled "Soap / Counterfeit Lover".

I still need to create a small prop that will go over the right hand and add soap suds on the body, and there's a slight problem with the hair but I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along

I hope you don't hate me for saying this, but to me it looks like she is about to fall over.

Guesstimating her center of gravity and the location of the vertical axis where her supporting foot most likely is, she looks somewhat unbalanced.

Surreal3D ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 2:55 PM

Quote - > Quote - This is a work in progress tribute to Boris Vallejo titled "Soap / Counterfeit Lover".

I still need to create a small prop that will go over the right hand and add soap suds on the body, and there's a slight problem with the hair but I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along

I hope you don't hate me for saying this, but to me it looks like she is about to fall over.

Guesstimating her center of gravity and the location of the vertical axis where her supporting foot most likely is, she looks somewhat unbalanced.

No hate here. I put the original image on a plane to line up for reference but comparing the two it looks like the left leg needs to move a little more to the left. Thanks for the observation.

Xandi ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 2:58 PM

Surreal, I love Soap/Counterfeit!  The little creature in her hand is adorable.  Where did you get it?  Also, how did you make her skin look wet/shiny? I love the lighting too.  I know.. I ask alot of questions but I'm so new at this and asking seems the best way to learn.

Xandi ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 3:03 PM

Quote - Just a scene from a project, enjoy! (click for full)

Wonderfuls scene!   It make me hungry.  Now I want fruit.  The lighting is splendid.  Her hair is gorgeous. Nice highlights on it.  Where can I get a cloth like the red one on her?  I need something to drape over someone in a scene I want to do.  Very nicely done!

Xandi ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 3:05 PM

As long as I'm asking questions, my curious mind wants to know if there is a way in in Reality to set the opacity of an article of clothing, so that one could partially see through it?  If not, does this have to be done with transparency maps or something else?  

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 3:10 PM

file_484250.jpg

You can in the alpha chennal of the materials tab

Surreal3D ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 3:11 PM

Quote - Surreal, I love Soap/Counterfeit!  The little creature in her hand is adorable.  Where did you get it?  Also, how did you make her skin look wet/shiny? I love the lighting too.  I know.. I ask alot of questions but I'm so new at this and asking seems the best way to learn.

Actually, the creature I made in zBrush. It has no rigging.

For the skin, I am just using the V5 Bree ACSEL material with gloss cranked up to 7500.

I'm extremely new to 3D art as well. I picked up Poser and DAZ Studio a little over a year ago, then added a few more programs (including Reality) over time. I've been lurking in the forums for about that long as well. Learning from the pros.

Xandi ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 3:12 PM

Sharkey, the chainmail is coming along nicely. My one suggestion or observation for now is that having worn chainmail once, something I shall never do again, I don't think it could mold itself to her nipples. In otherwords, it lies rather flat and doesn't pucker. If it's magical chainmail and who doesn't want that, you could make the chains themselves larger, the holes bigger, and very lightweight. That would give the opportunity for her ladybits to breath more and sort of "flash" the opponent, thus giving her a definite advantage in battle. 

Xandi ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 3:19 PM

"Actually, the creature I made in zBrush. It has no rigging."

Oh oh oh! You made that little darling??!  I don't know what "no rigging" means, but he's so great!  Yeah, I'm gushing. I love little creatures. I don't have zbrush, but mebbe I want it.. when I have funds and know what the heck I'm doing.  I've only been learning all this for about three months.  My mind is bursting with questions.  I'm going to try the ACSEL thingie, it sure seems to have worked. Boris is one of my favorites too.

Bobvan,  thank you for the answer to the opacity question! 

superboomturbo ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 3:34 PM · edited Tue, 24 July 2012 at 3:39 PM

Anyone interested in a contest?

I'm putting the finishing touches on a new character (skin texture+morph) and for the life of me, I can't think of a proper name. (His working title his 'Edgar' for the time being).

Not much is known of his background story, except that is he is a villanous bastard of a man, augmented with 13 cerebral core modules, and may be teetering farther on the machine side of mankind than the man side.

Anyhow, I thought it might be fun to see what y'all think up. Winning name gets the distinct pleasure of a copy of the completed set, and all incurred bragging rights.

At the present, this is exclusive to the Reality thread, so ya best put in a smart, quick answer!

(Large view on DA: http://fav.me/d58kwdx )

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx

Xandi ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 4:38 PM

This is my second render. She's a character of mine, Zahreah.  I'm trying to put all the things I've been learning to use. Zahreah

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 5:05 PM

I do like her, Xandi! Would she be interested in playing in my runtime :rolleyes:

My DA Gallery

Hoku ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 5:33 PM

@superboomturbo

My suggestion for the name of your character is "Tantalus".

In Greek Mythology, Tantalus was known for various atrocities including infanticide, human sacrifice, and cannibalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantalus

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 8:03 PM · edited Tue, 24 July 2012 at 8:04 PM

Attached Link: SW Love

file_484259.jpg

Cool **Xandi** Giant man tiny woman love..

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 8:04 PM

Attached Link: Feeling's mutual

file_484260.jpg

Giant man

superboomturbo ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 8:15 PM

Quote - @superboomturbo

My suggestion for the name of your character is "Tantalus".

In Greek Mythology, Tantalus was known for various atrocities including infanticide, human sacrifice, and cannibalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantalus

I've always been fascinated with Greek mythology, and Tantalus certainly fits. Great suggestion, as you're in the front running!

superboomturbo ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 8:26 PM · edited Tue, 24 July 2012 at 8:28 PM

Quote - This is my second render. She's a character of mine, Zahreah.  I'm trying to put all the things I've been learning to use. Zahreah

I like her too, Xandi! Mats look quite good. My only tick is that the right arm looks a bit contorted. Often I find myself trying to pose to see if they are possible, and this one is, but for whatever reason, that arm just looks kooky. Not really even the entire arm, but more specifically, the wrist and hand.

My suggestion only, but perhaps a splay of the fingers would help my hopelessly logical brain

Amethst25 ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 8:37 PM

This is stunning!  Her hair is fantastic! 

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 8:45 PM

Quote - > Quote - She had been hearing strange noises in the night, so she decided to set up a camera beside the bed.

Ignore this, just realized it's the wrong one.  Correct version coming later today.  

regardless, this version is still pretty creepy, like the grain effect, postwork or lux?

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 8:47 PM

Quote - This is a work in progress tribute to Boris Vallejo titled "Soap / Counterfeit Lover".

I still need to create a small prop that will go over the right hand and add soap suds on the body, and there's a slight problem with the hair but I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along.

Soap

Nice work, I like little things like how her right hand is posed, looks natural.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 8:49 PM

Cant deny your talent man!

thanks Bob, sometimes it works, sometimes it don't, LOL.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 8:59 PM

Wonderfuls scene!   It make me hungry.  Now I want fruit.  The lighting is splendid.  Her hair is gorgeous. Nice highlights on it.  Where can I get a cloth like the red one on her?  I need something to drape over someone in a scene I want to do.  Very nicely done!

Thanks Xandi, had to try several different types of lighting and setups till I was happy, nice to know I chose right, LOL. The hair is Lydia hair at DAZ.

The cloth is a dynamic sheet I got for DS4 here

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dynamic-sheets/

even on sale.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Xandi ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 9:00 PM

One suggestion for your character, Super, is Sinistro.  I'll keep thinking ;)

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 9:01 PM

Quote - I do like her, Xandi! Would she be interested in playing in my runtime :rolleyes:

Hey, get in line Doc, saw her first!

Nice work Xandi!

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Xandi ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 9:03 PM

Thank you for the suggestion for Zahreah's hand pose.  I actually posed myself like her to see if it was natural and it seemed to feel fine.  I have her fingers together so that they're resting along the edge of the top of the chair.  I'll mull it over ;)

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 9:12 PM

In case anyone is interested, one of my fav characters is on sale at DAZ. Abbey from artcollaborations. She is used in quite a few of my renders. the reason I like this character is she comes with a no shading option, meaning all shading is done with actual lighting and not fake shadows added to the texture. She also has a great face morph and she is for both V4 and genesis, just an FYI

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/abby-for-v4-and-genesis/

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

superboomturbo ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 9:16 PM

Quote - One suggestion for your character, Super, is Sinistro.  I'll keep thinking ;)

Thanks! Added to the list

callad ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 12:19 AM · edited Wed, 25 July 2012 at 12:20 AM

quote: This is my second render. She's a character of mine, Zahreah.  I'm trying to put all the things I've been learning to use.

She is beautiful Xandi! Love her face! Would like to see a close-up :)

callad ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 12:22 AM

Beautiful! ~wOw~!

superboomturbo ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 2:49 AM

Funny thing I noticed this evening. Evidently Reality has a hidden ethnicity feature that is able to switch an old Caucasion fellow to a young Asian one!  Crazy days we're having!

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 3:52 AM

Wedding Anniversary

Dinner, drinks, chocolate, roses, jewelry ... what more can a woman ask for as a wedding anniversary celebration and gifts. Maybe she has his present at home, who knows.

My DA Gallery

kadix ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 6:22 AM · edited Wed, 25 July 2012 at 6:23 AM

file_484268.jpg

Hello!

I see very nice renders here;

Well mine has a big problem :

I'm trying to render the lion of DAZ (freebee presently).

It's OK on DAZ render, OK on vue too, but as soon as I go on luxrender, I have a problem, then I don't think is comes from the object. So is there a tip to have transparency working?

Even when playing with transparency maps and so on, I cannot have a nice result.

I saw that the mesh presented both quads and tris, may the problem come from that?

If any of you has an idea!

Here is my result (top of post)

Amethst25 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 7:17 AM

Quote - Wedding Anniversary

Dinner, drinks, chocolate, roses, jewelry ... what more can a woman ask for as a wedding anniversary celebration and gifts. Maybe she has his present at home, who knows.

Oh Doc I reallly like this!   She might have asked for a dress. *winks

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Amethst25 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 7:18 AM · edited Wed, 25 July 2012 at 7:19 AM

file_484270.jpg

John,

Here is the image with the lamp you let use. I think it turned out very nice.  Thought I would share!

If I remember correctly the chair is from FSMCDesigns.

Thanks again!

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 7:28 AM

Quote - Wedding Anniversary

Roses.. check Dinner.. maybe Jewelry.. hmm, don't think so.. His present at home.. Depends if he unwraps it! wink :)

callad ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 7:28 AM

Quote - John,

Here is the image with the lamp you let use. I think it turned out very nice.  Thought I would share!

If I remember correctly the chair is from FSMCDesigns.

Thanks again!

She is BEAUTIFUL Kimmers! Love the dreamy look on her face!

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 7:31 AM · edited Wed, 25 July 2012 at 7:33 AM

@kadix: I'm no expert, but you may want to try rendering the mane and whiskers as matte, instead of glossy. I find that glossiness kills transparency. Or maybe even matte translucent. No doubt some will say I'm wrong :)

For those who are adventurous and want to experiment:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/millennium-big-cat-le/

@Amethst25: That's why she is wearing a coat ;) I love your render!

@Callad: I hope his present comes with a bow ;)

My DA Gallery

erik-nl ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 9:30 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Practice pose with those difficult Genesis shoulders.

Shoulder blades are another area that needs some TLC from DAZ.

Anyway, hope you like it (in all its simplicity) ; )

Cheers!

BradHP ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 11:23 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/media/folder_236/file_2351940.jpg

Been playing this little game called Slender lately, where you walk through the woods with just a flashlight and this creepy thing appears out of nowhere and you have to run from it. I don't get scared easily, but this game freaks me the f$#@ out. So I had to make an image inspired by it.

john3d ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 12:19 PM · edited Wed, 25 July 2012 at 12:21 PM

Glad you found the lamp useful Kim. Thanks for the pics Kim, I think I'll do the crystal ones first :)

A quick question for you guys, if you look closely at the gold dish which supports the shade you will see that I made it low poly, this will turn rounder if you sub-divide the material with-in Reality.

Would you like me to leave this sort of thing as is, or would you prefer me to make it smoother straight out of the box ?

Xandi ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 2:08 PM

Doc, that scene is great. Maybe he already got his present at the restaurant... in a private booth?  Dressed as she is it's possible, right?

Amethst, beautiful render. She's lovely.  The lamp is great too ;)

Xandi ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 2:11 PM

Quote - Been playing this little game called Slender lately, where you walk through the woods with just a flashlight and this creepy thing appears out of nowhere and you have to run from it. I don't get scared easily, but this game freaks me the f$#@ out. So I had to make an image inspired by it.

This totally creeps me out.  So, good job on the image.  Crikies.  The light at the bottom of my stairs just went out...........Someone might be sitting in her lit room until her husband comes home......

callad ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 2:44 PM

Quote - Doc, that scene is great. Maybe he already got his present at the restaurant... in a private booth?  Dressed as she is it's possible, right?

Amethst, beautiful render. She's lovely.  The lamp is great too ;)

From a very reliable source I can tell you the restaurant didn't have a private booth. When they got home he was too tired to unwrap his present and he went to bed early alone cuz he has to go to work very early in the morning.

She on the other hand, did have a wonderful day and evening alltogether with getting flowers and a wonderful dinner.

She will make sure there is another present to unwrap for him in the weekend.. :)

As said, I have this from a very reliable source.. wink 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.