Tue, Oct 22, 5:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Mariko

canwetalk ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 7:00 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 3:06 AM

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you have not tried it yet you should try the "Mariko" stand-alone figure by DTG Studio. This firgure is awesome.  She's got 300 face and body morphs and is easy to use. (check out the promo images. She bends little different than "Victoria," but she still works well. She is in my opinion a nice Asian type figure to use especially if you are at odds with MIki 3's joints and such as I was.

Give Mariko a try. Thank you for a great product DTG Studio, hope to see more great items in the future!

MC3D ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 8:20 AM

Yes she is a good figure but she is very different and she needs to get used to

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 12:05 PM

To be honest, I use two figures primarily. One is V4 (the Non-weightmapped version). And that's mainly because I have a lot of stuff for her. Plus I use her as an on-going character in a webcomic that I do.

The other figure is Alyson2. Mainly because I just like her, and she's weightmapped for use in Poser.

I have no problems with using other figures, including Mariko, but I also have no overwhelming incentive to use her.

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 12:07 PM · edited Fri, 18 May 2012 at 12:08 PM

I have seen her, since I rarely use women in renders she doesn't do anything for me.  I bought Miki 3 over the winter and haven't used her once.  If you come across any new and noteworthy male figures do let us know--like does Mariko have a boyfriend ;0).

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 12:18 PM

I have her.  I wish PhilC would make a Wardrobe Wizard Plugin for her.  I asked about it on his forum early in April.  I haven't gotten a response from him, but 71 people have looked in on the question, so I suspect I am not the only one.

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 1:17 PM

Have you tried Cross Dresser?  Perhaps she has a module for her.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 4:01 PM

Quote - Have you tried Cross Dresser?  Perhaps she has a module for her.

No license for her for XDresser.

XDresser is a lesser solution in my case.  It is a windows only product.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:55 AM

Mariko has one of the best Japanese faces on a character I've ever seen.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 5:38 AM

I have looked at her several times but never taken the plunge. Poserworld have an outfit for her and I think there are some clothes at ShareCG. She is pricey at Rendo, cheaper at Animotions, but as it is I have enough base figures, and unlike Bella, she doesn't offer something immediately appealing and different to my eye. That is subjective, I know. I am still watching to see what support for her becomes available.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.