Wed, Sep 18, 11:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: The Bryce 7 Artist's Guide

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 3:46 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 3:52 AM

To all of the die hard Bryce users.

If you have recently downloaded the Bryce 7 Pro software and installed it on your computer, I applaud you! If not, it is not too late to do so while it is being offered for free. DAZ Studio 4 Pro and Hexagon 2.5 Pro is also being offered free at this time. I have all three.

Now if you have any version of Bryce 7, there is a fantastic guide available at "http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/bryce/start">Bryce
Artists Guide

This document is an Adobe Reader PDF: The Bryce 7 Artist's Guide.

This is a greate guide for anyone that wishes to learn all there is to learn about Bryce 7. It goes into great detail without being too complicated to understand. You will learn about the little hidden secrets of the software, which will help you to do far more than you might without it. There are actual screen captures that help you to see what is being discussed in whichever part you are studying at the time. This, to me, makes learning what I am studying much easier. I have already learned a lot that I never would have found on my own. This document might even help with some of the earlier versions of Bryce, such as 5 and 6; however, don't take my word for that, since I started out with Bryce 7 PLE and have never used the earlier versions.

One problem with the document, (although it is a small one), is the in document links within the table of contents, which are supposed to take you to certain pages when you click on them. They do not work properly, at least not on my PC. This is easy to get around though, since there is a thumbnail directory that works exactly like the Microsoft Office PowerPoint thumbnail directory. Just click on the thumbnail that is relevant to what you want and you are taken to that page.

I think every serious Bryce 7 user could benefit from this guide. If you are serious about becoming a pro with Bryce, or you just like to use Bryce for fun, this guide can increase your knowledge of the program and make it far more enjoyable. I highly recommend the Bryce 7 Artist's Guide!

Let me know what you think. I think it would be great to discuss the guide in a forum thread such as this one.

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 11:51 PM

Thanks, will have a good read.

Corrie

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2012 at 10:10 AM

Quote - Thanks, will have a good read.

Corrie

You're quite welcome. I'm sure you will find it useful.

I'll give you a tip on how I use this guide. I find the section that pertains to the thing I wish to learn, read it, practice the methods given in the guide with my copy of Bryce 7, and refer back to the guide to help with little problems if I get the wrong results. This helps me to learn and retain the knowledge I gain.

Let me know here how you are doing with the Guide and whether it is helpful to you.

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2012 at 10:13 AM

I am planning on doing just that, yes. :-)
Will let you know. :-)

Corrie

Agent0013 ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 10:44 AM

Update:

For those of you who are not yet ready to commit to getting this guide, I must point out that the Work In Progress status of the document is misleading. I have perused the document forward and backward, and have been unable to find any  instructional information that was incomplete. Ther might be some that isn't, but if so, it is minimal at the worst. It is probable that the WIP status is in reference to the IDL, (Intra Document Links), not working properly. In my copy the only ones that don't are in the Table of Contents, and if you use the thumbnail directory or the other directory that is provided in the same area, (upper left side of the screen underneath the title bar), you can get around the problem easily. There are also links throughout the document that will take you to  other sections that pertain to the part you are studying at the time. This is useful, because there may be something you don't fully understand and need more information on. These links will help you find that data if it exist in the document. Also if you are not seeing something you need, there is a search text box provided that you can type what you want into; however, you must use the right key words to use this box correctly. If you don't know what words to use, it is better to use other search methods.

I know that this is a very long document, (in the range of 1,250 pages), but it really is a helpful guide. If you are serious about taking your Bryce User skills to the next level, I reccommend this guide as a must have.

*** Last night I wen't to sleep, and dreamed that I went to sleep, and dreamed that I went to sleep, and dreamed that I went to sleep, and dreamed that I went to sleep, and dreamed that I went to sleep, and dreamed that I went to sleep! Then after waking up several times, I'm still not sure if I'm really awake! ***

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.