Mon, Sep 9, 3:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Argh.. having a problem installing Daz Morphs

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 4:51 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 8:09 PM

So, I moved everything from my old computer to my new one.  Since I've been using V4.2WM with all the morphs saved to her, I never noticed that when I moved my runtime none of the morphs for Daz people came over.  

So, I go to Daz and redownload them, and then run the .exe files putting them in the Poser 2012 64 bit runtime.  When I navigate to the runtime on my computer through explorer I can see the people files in 'Character' and the 'morph files' in 'pose'.  When I look in my poser library, they are not there in the 2012.  I've refreshed the library, quit and restarted poser, restarted my computer.. and nothing.

Any ideas what is going on?

I'm not a newbie with installing items and they are there, just not visible.

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 5:01 PM

Windows 7 (which I am pretty sure you have) does not want any data written to the program files folder (which is what the installer does) and moves it to a virtual folder. Instead, install the DAZ figures and morphs to the /users/Public/ProserPro 2012 runtime which has been installed by default.

mishamcm ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 5:03 PM

What Operating System, and what is the path to your Runtime?

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 5:05 PM

Yes, it's Windows 7.  I didn't realize that, ok, thank you for the answer!  Hopefully this will fix everything.

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 5:06 PM

I do have to wonder why all the python scrips I've put there have worked perfectly, though.

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 5:07 PM

you did run the intialise batch file?

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 5:11 PM

The python scripts were copied to that location by the user (normal or via zip) and you had sufficient access rights to do this. It is also the place where they are supposed to be.

The installer did not have those access rights

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 5:17 PM

Quote - you did run the intialise batch file?

Yes, I initialized  :)  Seems funny to intialize genitals for M4  LOL!

Genitals ACTIVATE!

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 5:18 PM

Quote - The python scripts were copied to that location by the user (normal or via zip) and you had sufficient access rights to do this. It is also the place where they are supposed to be.

The installer did not have those access rights

Oh... okay then, that makes sense.  Thank you for your wisdom.  Thought I was going batty there for a bit.

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 5:21 PM

Quote - > Quote - you did run the intialise batch file?

Genitals ACTIVATE!

go go gadget pe...... and thats enough of that...

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 5:22 PM

LOL

Laurie

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 5:36 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - you did run the intialise batch file?

Genitals ACTIVATE!

go go gadget pe...... and thats enough of that...

omg.. LOL!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.