Wed, Sep 18, 7:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: OT: I did Survive

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2012 at 2:23 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 7:57 AM

HI Gang,

I mentioned in passing last week that I was leading a group of Scouts up Mt. Washington, which is nortorious for its capricious weather. Since my posts ahve been scarce, I wanted to let everone know that, in spite of the weather, we did return safely, although we had to turn back 800 feet short of the summit due to imminent rain, hail and lighnning.  We made it back to the Lake of the Clouds Hut in time to stay dry, although a second storm drenched us on the way down...

Danger Sign

Mighty Mountain Men

Mighty Mountain Men

Mt Washington from Mt Madison

Mt Washington from Mt Madison, with one of the Lakes in the Clouds

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2012 at 2:42 PM

Yay for your safe return. :)

I like the warning sign.  There should be a common-looking button with no label that goes Muwaa haa haa when you push it.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2012 at 3:02 PM · edited Wed, 27 June 2012 at 3:03 PM

YAY!!!

Now, which one is you? Or do we have to guess? :P

I'm gonna guess far left. What do I win? LOL

Actually it was an easy guess, wasn't it? ;)

Laurie

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2012 at 3:06 PM

welcome back.  :)

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2012 at 5:32 PM

Glad you made it out ok, hope it was loads of fun.

LilWolff ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2012 at 5:59 PM

Quote - I'm gonna guess far left. What do I win? LOL

Laurie

Perhaps a guided trip up the mountain?

Nice to see kids actually doing something outside.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2012 at 6:59 PM · edited Wed, 27 June 2012 at 7:00 PM

good render.  Looks so real.

Hehe - yes you were unusually quiet.  It's amazing a rumour didn't go around that you were creating a new top secret figure for poser.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2012 at 7:07 PM

WB! Getting caught on the side of a mountain in a storm is a lot different than at sea level. You're just that much closer to the action. I had a similar experience on Mt. Evans outside of Denver, it was scary! O.O;

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2012 at 11:56 AM

The Boys surprised me the next day by saying that it was the best hike ever; I was afraid that they would be disappointed. They all knew that they would have made it to the summit had circumstances not intervened, so it was a growing experience for them. 

On the way back, we stopped for Church at Our Lady of the Mountains, which had a beautiful sanctuary with clear windows framing the majestic trees. All in All, a great weekend.  😄

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.