Tue, Sep 24, 6:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 8:55 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Question regarding tattoos

FWArt ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2012 at 12:52 PM · edited Tue, 27 August 2024 at 4:22 AM

Hi, I don't know if I put this in the right place... I hope I did, if not apologies in advance.

BUt I was just wondering.... I create characters myself and I like adding tattoos, but due to the UV mapping it is sometimes a bit of a nightmare when you want to create a tattoo that goes over the seams... so I was just looking for good programs that might help with that. Where I can use a picture and put it on the skin even though it goes over the seams, like starting on the back and going all the way down say the arm or the leg, which would mean going over a couple of seams. So I am looking for a program in which I could do that and then save the image to then use in my mat... any good suggestions?

Thanks

Fred

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2012 at 6:40 PM

What program is creating the UV maps?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

airflamesred ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 4:54 PM

Either change the maps, as Shawn is eluding to, or cut and paste/rotate in your 2d app.

unbroken-fighter ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 8:06 PM

any software that can do surface painting can do it

i use blender, argile, and quidam but there are several others

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 12:14 AM

3D-COAT Does that very well, try out the 30 day demo

FWArt ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 11:00 AM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I shall look through them and see which works best for me. Much appreciated. :)

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 2:30 PM

not that its hard to find, but here is the link for 3d-coat

http://3d-coat.com/

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 8:05 PM

FWArt, what are you currently using to create your Poser models?

happinesspost ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2012 at 9:09 PM

learning a lot of new knowledge here .thank all people .

Happy life can't apply colors to a drawing of the render farm

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2012 at 8:34 AM

I get the least amount of lag when painting in 3D-Coat compared to the other apps I have that use paint tools.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.