Sun, Oct 6, 6:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: He wants my work for his tv station should I jump in?

TheOwl ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 8:37 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:05 AM

I got a message from a guy who owns a tv station saying that he wants my animated show.

He says that his company is a "Nationally Syndicated TV show" so I guess it means he will broadcast my work in TV nationally.

I know TV is dying but being featured on TV might be able to help me. 

My question is, do you guys think I should try out this guy? 

More info:

main site

blog

twitter

corporate wiki

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 9:45 PM

Make sure to get everything in writing first before you do it and a payment arrangement.  I got burned that way by a 3D modeler on my first flight sim aircraft when he tried taking over the project out from under me.

Best of luck to you!!!!!!!👍

Poser Pro 2012/3DS Max 2013/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Zbrush/

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 11:42 PM

I would do it - cash in advance of course, make sure the cheque clears before sending anything.

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2012 at 12:26 AM · edited Thu, 02 August 2012 at 12:27 AM

He says his COMPANY is a national syndicated tv SHOW? Yeah, I'd get everything in writing before you give anyone anything and verify the source.

vitachick ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2012 at 4:17 AM

What a hugh compliment!  Go for it but be careful as those above stated!!

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

luckybears ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2012 at 8:04 AM

That's really nice for you, why are you hesitating? I'd take chance whatever. It's what we all want - greater exposure for our work. There's no reason to suspect the offer is not anything but friendly and genuine is there?

morcaman ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2012 at 9:20 AM

Attached Link: http://sprocketsandsplices.com

This is Joel Stephens

I own the Nationally Syndicated TV show - Sprockets and Splices -

www.sprocketsandsplices.com

It is a forum for indie film makers to have their short films be seen on a much larger scale than YouTube - Vimeo or Film fest.

Each episode is hosted by an amateur model - called The Splice Girls.  www.thesplicegirls.com

We are now in production of Season 4.

Alas, although we require a material release form be signed, - there is no compensation to the film maker.

We believe the opportunity to have a national audience viewing the film maker's project is compensation enough.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2012 at 10:30 AM

What rights are you asking for in your release?

morcaman ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2012 at 1:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/morcaman?feature=mhee

I failed to mention that we do not seek any type of exclusivity =

Here is the link on YouTube for the trailer for our show -

You can check out the "Morcaman" channel on Youtube to see a trailer, a shortened show and a full length show -

dorkmcgork ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2012 at 8:40 PM

the death of tv is highly overanticipated.  i wouldn't sign rights away or agree to exclusivity to anything, but i sure as hell would jump on any exposure that doesn't take any rights away.

even as oprah's channel is failing she's still pulling in huge numbers and big bucks, compared to webshows or webcomics

go that way really fast.
if something gets in your way
turn

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 03 August 2012 at 5:57 PM

bummer, morc - no money.  just put in some ads on your website and the money will come rolling in AFAIK.

Daja ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 12:18 AM

I'd still go for it, money or not. It's good way to gain some publicty.

morcaman ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 7:26 AM

I would invite any other Indie film maker to contact me concerning their projects to see if they will fit within our guidelines for shows.

We prefer film shorts between 2 and 20 minutes and will review all film shorts sent to you for consideration.

We do not edit the films except for nudity and language since we are broadcast and the FCC is quite strict on what is and is not allowed; as well as our viewing audience - we don't want to offend them.

I can be reached either through this forum or directly at joel@morcaman.com

the show's website is www.sprocketsandsplices.com

Hope you have an interest and to hear from you soon.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.