Wed, Sep 18, 8:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Speaking of Poser Native Figures, SIGGRAPH News...

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 3:46 PM

I'm not reeally sure how much information Steve Cooper is giving about the characters at the show (I'm in New York, he's at Siggraph) so until I hear otherwise, all I can say about the characters is that they are coming soon.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 3:50 PM

A bit more info from Siggraph.

CLICK HERE

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 4:00 PM

Hey, he used my quote. :D GoZ really did make creating the morphs for Miki4 faster and kept my desktop free of clutter, as I work I tend to save to the desktop or a folder on the desktop quite a bit. With GoZ, I didn't have to, I just hit a button and I'm back in Poser with my morph ready to be named. You guys will love it.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 4:07 PM

Can't wait for the GoZ feature... 😉

Can't wait to see Miki4, Teyon :biggrin:

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 4:11 PM

Quote - Can't wait for the GoZ feature... 😉

Can't wait to see Miki4, Teyon :biggrin:

I am on the edge of my chair wondering how she'll be recieved, so I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of her. 

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 5:21 PM

Quote - I am on the edge of my chair wondering how she'll be recieved, so I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of her. 

Me too!!!!!!  LOL 

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 5:40 PM

Tyler's going to be a favorite also. I can't stress enough how amazed I was with how Blackhearted put him together. Gives me some big shoes to fill if I get to make any guys for work.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 7:09 PM

i had a weird dream Tyler looked like a cardassian (deep space 9)

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 9:28 PM

Ok, I'm tired because I read that as Kardashian. lol

Janl ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 9:57 PM · edited Wed, 08 August 2012 at 10:16 PM

Quote - Hey, he used my quote. :D GoZ really did make creating the morphs for Miki4 faster and kept my desktop free of clutter, as I work I tend to save to the desktop or a folder on the desktop quite a bit. With GoZ, I didn't have to, I just hit a button and I'm back in Poser with my morph ready to be named. You guys will love it.

I am really looking forward to GoZ! 🆒

The Reality 3 page says:

Reality 3 for Poser is scheduled to be released in November 2012.

Does this mean SR3 will not be released until November?

ETA: Not to worry. I see it says "Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 customers can download SR3 later this month" here with Reality 3 coming in November.

meatSim ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 10:10 PM

Have they sneak peeked tyler and Miki yet?

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 11:03 PM

I am really looking forward to this! I have Zbrush 4- need to update from R2 to the latest.

Quote - Hey, he used my quote. :D GoZ really did make creating the morphs for Miki4 faster and kept my desktop free of clutter, as I work I tend to save to the desktop or a folder on the desktop quite a bit. With GoZ, I didn't have to, I just hit a button and I'm back in Poser with my morph ready to be named. You guys will love it.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 11:08 PM

OMG! Eric, they've added so many cool things to ZBrush since R2. ZBRush 4R4 rocks! You will die! :D in my most terrible Edna Mode impression

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 11:09 PM

Hi Paolo

I just saw on the Lux site that it now will support ATI Radeon HD5000 and above video cards. I have a first gen Mac Pro (Xeon) that will work fine with the HD5770. My question is-will it work with MacOSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard- or 10.7 Lion?) I can't run Mountain Lion without a Hack-and a more recent Mac to even DOWNLOAD it!

Thanks!

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 11:56 PM

Quote - Have they sneak peeked tyler and Miki yet?

No, they haven't.  I won't care about Reality 3 for Poser until November.  I want to see Miki4 & Tyler now.

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 11:59 PM

Quote - I just saw on the Lux site that it now will support ATI Radeon HD5000 and above video cards. I have a first gen Mac Pro (Xeon) that will work fine with the HD5770. My question is-will it work with MacOSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard- or 10.7 Lion?) I can't run Mountain Lion without a Hack-and a more recent Mac to even DOWNLOAD it!

If you refer to LuxRender then I think that the minimum today is Snow Leopard. I have an old MacBookPro that is stuck to SL and I use LuxRender 1.0 on it without problems.

For Reality it will be the same. Snow Leopard as a base with compatibility to Lion and Mountain Lion.

Hope this helps.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:14 AM

Paolo, what ever happened between you and Daz? Reality was such a big thing at Daz when it was first released and then it all suddenly disappeared and R2 was released, instead of the place where your customers are.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:30 AM

Quote - Paolo, what ever happened between you and Daz? Reality was such a big thing at Daz when it was first released and then it all suddenly disappeared and R2 was released, instead of the place where your customers are.

Hello. We had our disagreements on how to conduct business. I don't want to get into the details of this, the forum is not the right place to have this conversation :) 

Anyway, let's just say that Reality now has a much more effective business model with the presence at Renderosity and my ability to control every part of the commercial distribution and representation of the product in the most correct and appropriate way.

I appreciate your interest, I can assure you that Reality is today stronger than ever with new, interesting developments.

Cheers.

Paolo

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 5:31 AM

where will we be able to buy reality 3? as i would prefer here, cp have stung me on free updates before and i always hesitate buying from them

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 6:49 AM

Quote - where will we be able to buy reality 3?

I think the fact that Reality 2 is sold through the store here is a big clue... !

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 8:50 AM

Quote - where will we be able to buy reality 3? as i would prefer here, cp have stung me on free updates before and i always hesitate buying from them

There will be a number of choices, I'm still defining them all but, yes, Renderosity is a given.

Cheers.

Paolo

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 9:48 AM

Well, we've been inundated with Reality news, can we have some news about SR3 and the new characters now?

Please?

toastie ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 10:23 AM

Hope the new characters are due before November! I 'specially want to see Miki!

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quote - Hope the new characters are due before November! I 'specially want to see Miki!

I want to see them all!  And the SR3 changes.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 11:39 AM

Hi all, more Siggraph news!!!!!

Link To Info

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 11:54 AM

Quote - Hi all, more Siggraph news!!!!!

Link To Info

All the best.

LROG

Booo, just another press release.  But says Miki 4 will not be available until September.  From what I read, Miki 4 is Miki 3 weight mapped, a new face morph and SSS capability.

Not much about Tyler either; including no release date.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:14 PM

Better than a "soon" statement!!! lol.

All the best.

LROG

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:17 PM · edited Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:20 PM

Did I read a different press release on that link?
Doesn't give dates... but it does reveal a lot more?

Or did I miss another announcement somewhere?

😉

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:28 PM

Quote - Did I read a different press release on that link?
Doesn't give dates... but it does reveal a lot more?

Or did I miss another announcement somewhere?

😉

First paragraph "for the official launch in September 2012."

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:29 PM · edited Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - Hi all, more Siggraph news!!!!!

Link To Info

All the best.

LROG

Booo, just another press release.  But says Miki 4 will not be available until September.  From what I read, Miki 4 is Miki 3 weight mapped, a new face morph and SSS capability.

Miki 4 and Tyler GND will be available in September 2012 at Content Paradise. Miki's body was also completely resculpted.  Kind of annoyed no images were included because you don't get a sense of the changes made. Also probably means I'm still not allowed to show pics yet.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:32 PM

Cool. Not too long a wait 😉

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:33 PM

Take it GND stands for Guy Next Door, this time round? 😉

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:35 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Hi all, more Siggraph news!!!!!

Link To Info

All the best.

LROG

Miki 4 and Tyler GND will be available in September 2012 at Content Paradise. Miki's body was also completely resculpted.  Kind of annoyed no images were included because you don't get a sense of the changes made. Also probably means I'm still not allowed to show pics yet.

Resculpted as a morph?  Or a new version?

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:35 PM · edited Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:39 PM

Monkeycloud, I'd say that's a safe bet. Unless he's from the East Village, then it could go either way.

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 12:39 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Hi all, more Siggraph news!!!!!

Link To Info

All the best.

LROG

Grouping is different so it's a new version in that sense but the geometry didn't change otherwise. I would LOVE to show you guys an image but I'm still under NDA until told otherwise.  I can say, I think, that this time around we referenced tons of photos as well as a pair of body scans to help get the details right. We also took in a lot of input from our beta testers for her look. Miki 3 is technically the head morph to be honest, since the body changes and the Miki 4 head were sculpted at the same time...but for reasons I can't get into, Miki 3's the head that is active on load.  So I think that's all I can say without getting into too much trouble.

ksanderson ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 1:09 PM · edited Thu, 09 August 2012 at 1:10 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Hi all, more Siggraph news!!!!!

Link To Info

All the best.

LROG

Grouping is different so it's a new version in that sense but the geometry didn't change otherwise. I would LOVE to show you guys an image but I'm still under NDA until told otherwise.  I can say, I think, that this time around we referenced tons of photos as well as a pair of body scans to help get the details right. We also took in a lot of input from our beta testers for her look. Miki 3 is technically the head morph to be honest, since the body changes and the Miki 4 head were sculpted at the same time...but for reasons I can't get into, Miki 3's the head that is active on load.  So I think that's all I can say without getting into too much trouble.

That's good news! The biggest problem I have with many characters and the renders is that the creators and users don't take the time and effort to reference photos of real people and those people in a lighting environment like the one that will be rendered. With you guys referencing photos of real people for the character, we are off to a good start!

Kevin

colorcurvature ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 1:35 PM

Its a GND. Dont forget :)

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 1:54 PM

Quote - Its a GND. Dont forget :)

Tyler is, not Miki.  Right?

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 2:05 PM

Quote - > Quote - Its a GND. Dont forget :)

Right. 

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 2:11 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Its a GND. Dont forget :)

Right. 

Well if you can't show us pics, maybe you can illustrate it in MS Paint for us. I'll take anything I can get right now. :P

colorcurvature ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 2:50 PM

:) i didnt inspect beta tyler a lot yet, but my impression is, that one can say that it/he is, well, a GND.   I personally hope the partnership SM GND will go on further.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 6:45 PM

ive never been sold on male figures and never bought any, but a male figure that is sculpted by blackhearted and isnt a morph...... a must have in my book.hopefully this will lead to the first dedicated female GND. dunno yet if i will get miki 4 as i have yet to be blown away by anyones base female models,ie i have to add morphs to radically change the shape as in the GND series

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 6:57 PM

Quote - ive never been sold on male figures and never bought any, but a male figure that is sculpted by blackhearted and isnt a morph...... a must have in my book.hopefully this will lead to the first dedicated female GND. dunno yet if i will get miki 4 as i have yet to be blown away by anyones base female models,ie i have to add morphs to radically change the shape as in the GND series

It is sculpted from the mesh of Ryan 2 - so technically it is a morph, but I assume it is a separate mesh, just like Anastasia. - at least that is how I interprete the press release

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 6:58 PM

Quote - ive never been sold on male figures and never bought any, but a male figure that is sculpted by blackhearted and isnt a morph......

Actually, the male figure is a morph of Ryan 2:

http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2012/08/09/smith-micro-unveils-poser-figure-miki-4-and-exclusive-tyler-gnd-character-artist-blackhea

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 8:35 PM

Thanks M3!

Quote - > Quote - ive never been sold on male figures and never bought any, but a male figure that is sculpted by blackhearted and isnt a morph......

http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2012/08/09/smith-micro-unveils-poser-figure-miki-4-and-exclusive-tyler-gnd-character-artist-blackhea

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 8:38 PM

Teyon

HAHA! Dame E. Very funny! :-)

I am really looking forward to getting Miki4. I expect to make 1.2 GAZILLION morphs for her with Zbrush- especially with the plug in making it so much easier.

Quote - OMG! Eric, they've added so many cool things to ZBrush since R2. ZBRush 4R4 rocks! You will die! :D in my most terrible Edna Mode impression

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 8:39 PM

If it is as good as Anastasia for Alyson2 it will be VERY good indeed!

Quote - > Quote - ive never been sold on male figures and never bought any, but a male figure that is sculpted by blackhearted and isnt a morph......

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 9:09 PM

Blackhearted has a lot of skill. That's all I say about that. :)  - that's almost a Forest Gump quote, right?

PsychoNaut ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2012 at 9:11 PM

Quote - Miki's body was also completely resculpted.

Aw hell giggity giggity yeah!  :D

toastie ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2012 at 7:17 AM

Wonder when are we going to start getting piccys to help ramp up the enthusiasm for the September release...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.