Wed, Sep 18, 10:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Can't Control Movements of Characters and Props

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 11:13 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:45 AM

This has happened to me many times over the years.  It has come back the past few days. I'm trying to create a scene in Poser.  When I try, for example, to put a dress on my figure, I barely touch the dials, and the dress (or whatever I'm trying to manipulate) darts off in different directions, often disappearing.   So, it is extremely hard to match the figure with the clothing.  I have to move the dial painfully slow, and that sometimes doesn't help.  My mouse is not battery operated, but is connected by wire.   is there anything I can do to correct this?  Thanks!

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:28 PM

Under the figure menu apply conform to

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:50 PM

Yup, what Jim said.  You don't position clothes on figures, you conform 'em.  Unless, of course, they're dynamic and that's a whole nother thing. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 2:40 PM

Just a question.

You did not change anything in General preferences did you??
In the interface tab??
Tablet mode?

Does what it says for a tablet.. :-)

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:37 PM

I notice that it when I bring up another previously saved scene, everything works fine.  I didn't change anything, but I'll check preferences. Thanks y'all. 

luckybears ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 7:27 PM

I expereinced something similar using just a prop: It was due to scaling. Is your figure/prop  scaled appropriate. Mine was so largely scaled it was beyond the Poser universe at the time

romangirl ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2012 at 7:41 AM

In the particular scene I'm working in, I use a big bar prop. I think by adding characters, I'm pushing, like you say, the "poser universe.". What I often have to do is take a scene and save it as a background, making it easier for Poser to perform. Lots of times, Poser will "get tired," and " not listen." Like I'll try to make a character's shoulder move forward, but can't get it away from another character, or lighting.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.