Mon, Oct 21, 10:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: obj imports alright but not .mtl????

3eighty ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 7:03 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 6:11 PM

I have some objs that I downloaded as free-bs.  The mtl are also with the obj.. but when I import the obj the mtl are not loading the colors..What am I doing wrong?

Thank You

dan whiteside ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 7:18 PM

First thing I'd do is opem the .OBJ in a text editor and search for the term mtllib . If it's found make sure it refreneced the exact .MTL file name (i.e. mtllib test_arch.mtl). If it's like this example the .MTL should be in the same directory.

If there's a path listed before it, then the .MTL needs to go where it points to or edit out the mtlib path and resave.

Or you can point me at the freebies and I'll take a look.

Bryce is pretty good at loading .OBJs, which is why I'd first think it was something in the .OBJ/MTL files.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.