Mon, Sep 9, 8:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: OT. 10 years and counting

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 9:17 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 4:18 AM

only just realised it was my 10year anniversary of joining rosity yesterday. where has the time gone?

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 9:31 AM

Ten years hanging around here? Wow!

That's a "shed load" of time :biggrin:

Janl ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 9:46 AM

It's amazing how fast time goes when having fun! 😄

I hope the next ten years are full of joy and happiness. 😄

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 9:49 AM

I really think you should start considering a career and get out of the house occassionally.  Sample the real world for a change.  Errr...considering current events, maybe not.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 10:06 AM · edited Mon, 20 August 2012 at 10:10 AM

Sad, ain't it? I've been haunting this place (and PFO before that) since 1998. LOL.

Oh! I just realized! I'm nearly at 12,000 posts - and that's just the one with this screen name. Who knows how many with the two others I've had here in the past. That's sad too ;).

I hope your time here wasn't all bad ;). It's been kinda boring tho since Rendo no longer seems to have it's annual Foot Shooting Festival anymore...lol.

Laurie

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 10:30 AM

its been a good 10 years and im not gonna leave the comfort zone that is renderosity, hope we are all still here in another 10 years.Thankyou all for fun ive been having.

foxylady1 ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 10:51 AM

You knew someone was going to ask, so it might as well be me.  What is the annual "Foot Shooting Festival"?

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 10:57 AM

It's seemed that every year, and strangely around September every year, something would blow up here, the most infamous being the Renda debacle ;). Rendo tried to have a figure created of their own for the site, and after she'd been released it was found the person who modeled it "borrowed" some things from Vicky 1 or 2 (can't remember which - might even have been Vicky 3). Another was when they decreased the vendor cut (I'm not sure what Rendo's cut was at the time - 30 -35%) by increasing their share to 50%. I was a vendor at the time, so I took my little toys and went elsewhere until THAT site blew up (PoserPros). Seemed to go in cycles every year. So after awhile we all just called it "Rendo's foot-shooting" LOL. Seems to have calmed down the last few years ;).

Laurie

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 11:22 AM

Congrats on having no life for a decade. ;)

Says one 10 year vet to another.  :D 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 2:52 PM

I know the feeling. Look at my join date. Congrats!

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 2:57 PM

welcome to the Rendo Old Farts Club.

you'll find your walker parked in the car park and your pension will be deducted monthly.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 6:14 PM

Quote - welcome to the Rendo Old Farts Club.

you'll find your walker parked in the car park and your pension will be deducted monthly.

lol... Some of us have been around for a while.....

Wait,,, who's walker is that one? lol...

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

martial ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 6:49 PM

Long time........of posering A jubile for you

(i joined on may 2000)

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 6:53 PM · edited Mon, 20 August 2012 at 6:54 PM

Not mine, yet. You young whippersnapper, you.

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 7:05 PM

Congrats!  Happy 10 year anniversary! 😄

Poser Pro 2012/3DS Max 2013/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Zbrush/

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 7:42 PM

looks like there are a few of us oldies still here, i will celebrate my 10th year with the hair shader freebie

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 11:03 PM

Congrats! I passed my 12 year anniversary without any fanfare- like Laurie I started out on Renderosity's precursor forum "PoserForum Online" sometime in 1998

Laurie- can you remember your previous username? I actually joined Rendo a bit earlier in 1999-a week? Then lost my password. I think I was Risingstarlight for some such fanciful name-then I just decided to go with Eric Walters- my real name is GeneralKudzuRisingOnGlassFlowersFromHell325 :-)

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2012 at 11:50 PM

I've got another 2 years to go. I guess I'm still a newbie. I did just put up an avatar for the first time this month, also my first gallery posting. Guess I'm a late bloomer.

I'm pleased to note, though, that I joined here 3 days before I joined Daz's site.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 12:02 AM

Quote - Congrats! I passed my 12 year anniversary without any fanfare- like Laurie I started out on Renderosity's precursor forum "PoserForum Online" sometime in 1998

Laurie- can you remember your previous username? I actually joined Rendo a bit earlier in 1999-a week? Then lost my password. I think I was Risingstarlight for some such fanciful name-then I just decided to go with Eric Walters- my real name is GeneralKudzuRisingOnGlassFlowersFromHell325 :-)

My last one before this was Daffy34 (I know...no imagination..lol). I can't remember what my first one was. I think it was Blossum, but don't quote me on that...lol. That's the one I used at 3D Commune.

Laurie

Larry F ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 12:30 AM

Quote - its been a good 10 years and im not gonna leave the comfort zone that is renderosity, hope we are all still here in another 10 years.Thankyou all for fun ive been having.

I really love your avatar!  Congrats!

Eric Walters ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 12:39 AM

3D Commune! Dang.

Quote - > Quote - Congrats! I passed my 12 year anniversary without any fanfare- like Laurie I started out on Renderosity's precursor forum "PoserForum Online" sometime in 1998

My last one before this was Daffy34 (I know...no imagination..lol). I can't remember what my first one was. I think it was Blossum, but don't quote me on that...lol. That's the one I used at 3D Commune.

Laurie

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 6:29 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I'm older here than I realized. Closing in on 7 years in just a few weeks. Surprisingly even though I'm mostly a lurker, I seem to be averaging 2 posts per day. But I suck at math so maybe I'm wrong at that.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 7:06 AM · edited Tue, 21 August 2012 at 7:09 AM

Eleven and a quarter years under this pseudonym, crikey.

(Edit: nearly twelve under my real name. I thought that account had been deleted...) 

Quote - It's been kinda boring tho since Rendo no longer seems to have it's annual Foot Shooting Festival anymore...lol.

I heard a rumour that Renderosity decided not to compete in foot-shooting any more, since there are others who have the resources to really own that market. No names, no thread-lock. ;)

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 7:39 AM

Quote - Eleven and a quarter years under this pseudonym, crikey.

(Edit: nearly twelve under my real name. I thought that account had been deleted...) 

Quote - It's been kinda boring tho since Rendo no longer seems to have it's annual Foot Shooting Festival anymore...lol.

I heard a rumour that Renderosity decided not to compete in foot-shooting any more, since there are others who have the resources to really own that market. No names, no thread-lock. ;)

fonpaolo ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 9:48 AM

Congrats shedofjoy!

...well, a couple of months and I can join in the group! :laugh: 

Quote - I heard a rumour that Renderosity decided not to compete in foot-shooting any more, since there are others who have the resources to really own that market. No names, no thread-lock. ;)

Now I have to find who you're talking about or tonight I can't go to sleep!

mmmmh... :rolleyes: 

zzzzzzzzzzz :lol: 

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 2:16 PM

Quote - > Quote - welcome to the Rendo Old Farts Club.

lol... Some of us have been around for a while.....

Wait,,, who's walker is that one? lol...

thats my MADCAT....

jarm ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 3:57 PM

My oldest gallery post is Sun, May 21, 2000 1:27 pm and I know I deleted older pictures. So 12 years at least

That has seriously pole axed me, I can remember doing some of these old images.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 12:48 AM

jarm ... your user date says you joined 24 Mar 1999. You be one of the old timers for sure!

I joined just over a year after that. Wow ... how time flies!

jarm ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 8:46 AM

We're getting old Deecey.....

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 8:46 AM

Quote - We're getting old Deecey.....

Oh, ain't that the truth ;).

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 8:51 AM

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/friendly_message.php?save&message_id=425248

There I am! LOL. Looks like I was just as clueless then as now :P.

Laurie

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 9:10 AM · edited Thu, 23 August 2012 at 9:14 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=323667&ebot_calc_page#message_323667

Here's my third-ever Renderosity post from June 2001, advising someone how to make best use of Poser 3 in a world dominated by Poser 4. Tell that to the kids nowadays, they wouldn't believe you...

My first two posts were not very interesting and are left as an exercise for the reader. :) 

The first thread I started wasn't until April 2002, and it remains unanswered to this day. :( 

lundon_Don ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 9:24 AM

I have a set of Poser 2 floppies in the back of a closet somewhere. If only I had a floppy drive I could really get on a "those were the days" kick.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 9:42 AM

Quote - We're getting old Deecey.....

Shhhh ... don't remind me. 8-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.