Thu, Sep 19, 6:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Poser Preview Lights when using Env Sphere and IDL

PickledPapaya ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 1:22 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 8:19 PM

In setting up a scene with the Env Sphere, and a HDR, with IDL lighting....is there a way to "light" the scene during Preview/setup without turning on/off lights between every setup and render?

I was looking for the "Not visible in Render" checkbox for lights...but they arent there.

Seems simple enough that I must be overlooking it.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 1:38 PM

It's very easy, create a new infinite light, with the light selected, go to the Material Room, change the Diffuse and Specular color from the standard white to pure black.

Now you have a light on preview, but nothing visible in render. 😉 

PickledPapaya ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 1:55 PM

Perfect, and I can save it as a Light, called "Preview Light" for easy use.  Thanks!

On a side note, my first guess was that I could uncheck "On", but leave "Include in OpenGL Preview" checked, and this would do the same.  Seemed intuitive enough!  not...

Thanks again!

fonpaolo ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 2:37 PM

You're welcome! :biggrin: 

I use as default scene an empty scene with BB Envsphere, a sun light (infinite) and two "black" lights (front and rear).

So, I can start every new scene with the right light.

cedarwolf ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 2:53 PM

Ooohh...I LIKE that, fonpaolo!  I'll have to do the same for both Poser and DAZ Studio!  Thanks for the tip.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 4:35 PM

On the preview light, in order to make it fast, also uncheck shadows, so they don't get calculated.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

PickledPapaya ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 4:52 PM

Quote - On the preview light, in order to make it fast, also uncheck shadows, so they don't get calculated.

Good tip, updated, thanks.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 3:08 AM

cedarwolf - you're welcome! :biggrin:

Thanks bagginsbill, I forgot that part, what I said was based on my memory, so I was almost sure that I could have forget something.... 😊 

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 3:17 AM

nice.

cedarwolf ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 10:21 AM

Set it up in DAZ Studio 4.5 but without the sphere and got incredible shadows and lighting.  Hope the it saved when I clicked the "save preset" icon in the lights section.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.