Wed, Sep 18, 11:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 13 4:19 pm)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: New Categories for Consideration

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2012 at 10:33 AM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 10:42 PM

** I've noticed that certain software which I use for much of my creativity, is not featured here. I'm referring to office types of software. Indeed those types of software are normally used for office work, but it is easily able to be used in conjuction with many digital art apps to create great works of art. I use the Microsoft Office 2007 Suite; in particular Word and PowerPoint. Each of these applications in this suite can be used in multiple ways for some fantastic creations. I have even been able to do some really great 3D images using PowerPoint's shape creating abilities. You would be surprised to see what can be done. Of course the work may be a good bit more involved than it is it other 3D art applications, but when it is done it looks as good or better than a lot of what I have seen from works done in the others.**

** So what is the purpose of this thread? It is to suggest a new category that can be used for things related to the use of office programs for artistic purposes. Also I invite others here at Renderosity to use this thread to add their own suggestions for categories they would like to see.**

** There is so much else out there in the world of the arts and creativity that has not been included here. It would be nice to see a one stop place that is dedicated to all digital forms of art, whether it be visual, audio, or what have you.**

** Stay awesome!**

** Agent 0013.**

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2012 at 5:36 PM

While we understand that other softwares {office softwares etc} have abilities to create other things outside its intended purpose there would have to be a significant amount of requests to add a category that isn't 'art' related such as Powerpoint and Office Suite.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2012 at 7:15 PM

Thanks for the response, and your explanation concerning my suggestion.

If you look at what is available and at what can be done in multiple applications, in conjunction with the MS Office Suites, you would see that the possibilities and quite numerous. Also the word "art" covers far more than what is covered at sites such as this one. When I speak of the arts, I'm thinking about several genre. There are of course the visual arts, such as much of what is dealt with here; the audio arts, like music, sound effects and so on; the literary arts that include fiction and nonfictional writing, poetry and lycic writing; and so much more.

Not saying that this in not a great site, I actually love Renderosity. All the members here are among the most friendly anywhere; and I have been able to learn a great deal with their help, as well as lend a helping hand when I could. I shall continue to do so, because the value of such things is at best immeasurable.

The  reason I started this thread is mainly to see how many might be interested in seeing new categories that cover things they like to use. Whether those categories are created is not for me to dictate, nor would I. I understand that there would need to be significant interest. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.