Sun, Oct 6, 7:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: sharecg, uploading broken?

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2012 at 9:35 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 11:41 AM

sharecg, uploading broken?

Sharecg seem to have changed the way uploads work. Up untill a couple of weeks ago I sucessfully made many uploads. Now I can't upload zip files in either FireFox 15 (with NoScript), or IE 8.

Anyone else having problems uploading to sharecg?

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2012 at 3:44 PM

Les,

I hate to tell you but Sharecg is considering charging a subscription fee for those uploading items. Let me know if you need the e-mail, I may still have it in my archived e-mails.

Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2012 at 4:12 PM

Yes, I heard they were considdering that, but I did not think they had brought it in yet.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2012 at 4:23 PM

Incorrect - you guys can't rearrange words like that - you changed the meaning in more than one way.

It's an option to pay, and it gets rid of advertisement.

There is no requirement to pay, and it has nothing to do with uploading or downloading.

Here is a quote of a quote of the owner of sharecg:

=====

We'll be announcing our road-map on the blog and directly to users who have items uploaded on the site, next Monday. Basically we will be giving all users the option to pay and not see any advertisements or not pay and see advertisements. There's more to this scenario, but this is the basic concept. Essentially if you don't want to pay you will experience the site as you have been experiencing it with no change.
There's more detail that you'll see on Monday, but by giving all users these options they can decide for themselves how they want to experience the site.

Now aren't you all glad you didn't panic.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2012 at 4:26 PM · edited Mon, 08 October 2012 at 4:27 PM

To be fair, the original post implied a total change from ad-based to fee-based.

Quote - We are considering changing the ShareCG business model from banner ads to a subscription model.  I am proposing that members subscribe at just $9.99 a year for a banner free ShareCG that will have the resources to add services that will make the site a better place to visit and that will bring the community closer together.

But later the owner udpated the community and said that is not what was meant.

Personally, I think that is what they planned to do, but pretended they never intended to go mandatory subscription, later on, after people freaked. I can't prove it.

But in any case, the current statement is there is no requirement to pay.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2012 at 7:26 PM

Quote - Incorrect - you guys can't rearrange words like that - you changed the meaning in more than one way.

Hang on a minute! I never rearranged any words. I said I had heard sharecg were considering charging for uploads. That is absolutely correct, I did hear that. I never claimed that what I had heard was correct, or that it came from sharecg itself, only that I had heard it.

Never the less, thanks for the clarification. I'm glad to hear that the subscription fee seems to be optional.

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2012 at 10:46 PM

In any case, the sentiment expressed by some folk in the ShareCG forums, generally, was to the effect that one wouldn't pay to distribute one's own freebies.  But who knows, different strokes for different folks.....

Eternal Hobbyist

Kendra ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2012 at 11:54 PM

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2856980

There's already one thread regarding ShareCG with all the relevant info in it and I think it's best to keep the info contained there rather than have multiple threads with only half the info in them.  

...... Kendra

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.