Sun, Oct 6, 7:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: sharecg, uploading broken? Take 2!

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 3:06 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 2:17 AM

As the last thread I posted on this subject was locked, :cursing: I'm starting another, and will post yet another ad infinitum if they continue to be locked! Until, either I get some useful response, or circumstances change so that I no longer need a response. Or I am bared from Rosity.

Let me make it clear from the outset, this thread is NOT about sharecg subscription fees, whether real or imagined. So please don't post any replies referring to fees or other charges.

This is ONLY a request for information on uploading zip files to sharecg, and whether the functionality of that has changed, and/or is broken in some way under some circumstances. With that out of the way, I repeat the original post:

sharecg, uploading broken?

Sharecg seem to have changed the way uploads work. Up until a couple of weeks ago I successfully made many uploads. Now I can't upload zip files in either FireFox 15 (with NoScript), or IE 8.

Anyone else having problems uploading to sharecg?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 3:19 PM · edited Tue, 09 October 2012 at 3:32 PM

didn't read the other thread, but it let me upload one a minute ago.  FF 3.6.2

http://www.sharecg.com/v/65053/view/1/3D-and-2D-Art/jess-icon

oops!  just tried a zip and:

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /www/scg/htdocs/includes/image.inc.php on line 94

Warning: imagecreatetruecolor() [function.imagecreatetruecolor]: Invalid image dimensions in /www/scg/htdocs/includes/image.inc.php on line 78

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /www/scg/htdocs/includes/image.inc.php on line 94

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/scg/htdocs/includes/image.inc.php:94) in /www/scg/htdocs/share_ .... bla bla bla

hence I dunno how to upload a zip there.  but I did find out I can upload uncompressed movies, provided they are at least 7 seconds (rubs hand together gleefully).

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 3:24 PM

I just uploaded a pic with no problem. I DID have to fill in all fields, otherwise it errors out, and you need to resubmit it.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 3:29 PM

Thanks folks, but I'm not talking about uploading images, I'm talking about uploading zip files.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 3:56 PM · edited Tue, 09 October 2012 at 3:58 PM

o.k., I figured it out: dbl-clk the buttons in the flash upload box, or else it don't work.  FF 3.6.2, OS SL.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/65058/view/11/Poser/spin-2c

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 4:50 PM

Quote - o.k., I figured it out: dbl-clk the buttons in the flash upload box, or else it don't work.

I think the flash upload box is new. If I remember correctly, the upload field used to be on the same page as the as the rest of the upload information, the image files and description, etc.

I did click on the upload box, but don't think I double clicked, is it even possible to double click in the box? I'll give it a try, thanks.

I do suspect that the problem is something to do with some new script sharecg are using.

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 5:03 PM

I tried again. Clicked once on 'Brows', located the zip, then clicked on 'Upload', but the zip still does not show up on the download page. The image files upload OK, but not the zip.

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 5:23 PM

Finally got the zip to upload, using IE 8. My security setting in FireFox and NoScript, don't seem to work with sharecg any more, even when I allow sharecg in NoScript.

Thanks everyone.

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 5:26 PM

I wish to formally appologize if I causes a frustration with my answer to the other thread, I only ment to help but unfortunately didn't have enough information to be helpful. Again sorry.

Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 5:49 PM

No need to apologise Boni. As you say, you were trying to help, and I appreciate it. I thought what you said was reasonable under the circumstances, and I was under the same (apparently mistaken) impression as you on the subject (which I will not mention for fear of having the thread locked again). My anger was not directed at you and what you said, but rather at Rosity for locking the thread for what seemed to me to be a rather petty reason.

Any way, all's well that ends well, and I at least have a workaround for the problem now.

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 10:30 PM

There was also a new flash update today.. that might help?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 11:01 PM

Les, you can always come talk to me if you feel treated unfairly.  Locking the other thread was not about what anyone may have said but rather an attempt to keep the infomation regarding ShareCG's business discussions contained in one area and not spread around the forum.  And that's still in effect and not a petty reason in my opinion.  If its in one thread it's easier to find.  This thread regarding uploading is ok as long as it doesn't morph into the business aspect.  

...... Kendra

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2012 at 10:37 AM

I really don'r see why we're trying to solve sharecg's problems here on Renderosity myself but id Kendra is O K with this I'll read on

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2012 at 6:30 PM

Quote - I really don'r see why we're trying to solve sharecg's problems here on Renderosity myself but id Kendra is O K with this I'll read on

O.o  No, but it seems only fair to try and help a Renderosity member who is having a problem with another site.  Now, unless that's against site policy I don't see what the problem is. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2012 at 7:31 PM

a bit low on my blood/caffine ratio at that time, you are of course correct man....

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2012 at 8:35 PM

The owner posted in the other thread clarifying the discussion on the changes so it didn't appear that he had any issues with the discussion existing here. 

...... Kendra

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.