Wed, Sep 18, 1:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Single-axis scaling and V4?

Scharmers ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2012 at 9:42 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 2:42 PM

Hello folks, sorry if this is already out there on the forums, my searches didn't turn up anything.

Anyway, from what I gather, single-axis scaling is a big change in P9 SR3.1.  And also from what I gather, this finally allows us to scale limbs, et. al. on characters without screwing their joints up.

My question is this: I'd like to knock down the size of a V4 to more Miki 4-like proportions.  However, there is only a 3 axis scaling option on her limbs.  (You can, of course, scale the entire V4, but that's....problematic.)

So how do I take some of V4's "LEGS ALL THE WAY UP" and endless flanks down a bit?

Thanks again. 

JoePublic ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2012 at 9:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=55538

Lesbentley created a pose that un-hides V4's hidden scale dials.

ehliasys ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2012 at 9:48 AM

With the morphs++ (I believe) you have a section "morphforms" in the body parameters. There's a 'scale legs' dial under it, that works well with the latest SR.

Scharmers ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2012 at 10:33 AM

Thanks, folks.  I'll look at these solutions since they appear to be exactly what I'm looking for.  Then again, I may just go the lazy route and grab the V4 "shape of a woman" addon for $15 over at daz3d LOL.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2012 at 12:40 AM

Quote - Thanks, folks.  I'll look at these solutions since they appear to be exactly what I'm looking for.  Then again, I may just go the lazy route and grab the V4 "shape of a woman" addon for $15 over at daz3d LOL.

Or just add S4's proportions morphs to your V4.

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2012 at 9:17 AM

Shape of a Woman works quite well with SR3.  Just make sure to tick the Copy Scale box in the Properties tab of the body of conforming clothing...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Scharmers ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2012 at 2:30 PM

Thanks for the responses, everyone.  I've gone with the Morphs++ leg dial, along with some Y-axis scaling work on the abdomen (Lesbentley's unlocker), and I've gotten results I'm happy with.  Manually monkeying around with the clothes is no big deal either; I think we're all used to that in even normal times.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.