Wed, Oct 2, 10:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Who Are These New Characters ?

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 4:52 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 11:46 AM

Hi,

I've been off the radar for a while due to illness. So, I am wondering who are the new characters Tyler, Michelle, BVH3D's Angela (different from Mankahoo's Angela ?) and Bella?

thanks,
Andrew

Lucca ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 5:49 PM · edited Fri, 04 January 2013 at 5:51 PM

I don't know about the first three, but Bella is standalone figure. A number of people like this model because she really is different from most models. Here's a link to the vendor's page - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/bella-fantasy-female/92742

I haven't used this figure, but a number of people seem to be pretty happy with it. :)

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 5:54 PM · edited Fri, 04 January 2013 at 5:55 PM

Tyler is a GND character by Blackhearted (the Guy Next Door) for the Poser Ryan2 figure. 

Michelle (at RDNA) and Angela are stand-alone figures...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 5:55 PM

Tyler is a character morph for Ryan by Blackhearted. 

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 6:02 PM

Is Tyler in the Marketplace, or is it free ?

I couldn't find him in either department.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 6:04 PM

Tyler is at CP; unfortunately he was only free until the 31st... :sad:

http://www.contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=21990

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 8:25 PM · edited Fri, 04 January 2013 at 8:26 PM

Technically I should have said OF not For, since we provided him as a separate CR2.  My poor brain is overworked. :)

Oh, didn't realize WandW and I posted at the same time. lol. Neat.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 9:27 PM · edited Fri, 04 January 2013 at 9:27 PM

Tyler is a very nice figure.  But he's weight-mapped, so is only for Poser 9 and 2012.

Janl ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 11:30 PM

You might also be interested in Anastasia, Antonia and Miki 3. We have seen several new figures this past year.

Anastasia is a morph by Blackhearted for Alyson 2 and is the male equivalent of Tyler, sort of. She is available in the Renderosity Marketplace.

Antonia and Miki 3 are two more weight mapped figures. Antonia is free and can be found at Rdna. Miki 3 is at CP and is free for a limited time. Tyler is also free for a limited time at CP but I believe he was also included for free with Anastasia.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 11:42 PM

All these figures have something valuable to offer.

BVH3D's Angela is a low-poly figure, very useful in busy scenes. She has a male counterpart called Joshua (another male is always welcome). They have around 13000 polygons so you can have several of these figures in a scene without slowing down your system too much. By comparison, V4 has just under 70000 polygons. I use Angela and Joshua in combination with Loretta and Lorenzo Lorez as background figures.

BVH also has another new figure called Cynthia which has roughly half as many polygons as V4. BVH considers Cynthia to be a high-poly figure but I consider her to be only medium-poly. Cynthia is also very useful and versatile - I especially like her voluptuous full body morph. BVH's site is under redevelopment at the moment, but his main figures are available, and they are very reasonably priced. There is a free version of Cynthia available here on Renderosity, but the full version offers a lot more.

Mankahoo's Angela is high poly, similar density to V4, but well worth using in her own right. She comes in two versions  - Angela 1 is free, and Angela 2 is for sale. I only have Angela 1. Angela's great strength is her expressive face and her lovely smile. Her default body is tall and slender, so she can bring nice variety to your 3d work.

Bella is really fun to use as well, she is adorably curvy with an ample backside and hips. I find her very useful for African body types.

Michelle in her default form has a distinctive, slightly stylized look which I like, because she is different. Blackhearted has also reworked Michelle into a gorgeous creature called Michelle Redux. Michelle also has a very nice smile.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 11:47 PM

Thanks, all

What is BVH's website address, please ?

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 11:51 PM · edited Fri, 04 January 2013 at 11:53 PM

Of course I am biased (I love the figure) but Mankahoo's Angela is very much worth having. As already mentioned, she has a super expressive face, more morph packs and clothes are available at Mankahoo's site to make her look even caucasion if you like. I own both Angela1 (bought it before it was free, but it's great that its free now!) and Ang2, who is a little shorter and less long in the leg (Angela 1's legs are a bit long and stylized, but she scales fine). There is an Angelina morph for her that I particularly like as I use the face at half strength and I can make the body much thicker and buxom all over ;). I also have some dynamic dresses here and at ShareCG for her and others at ShareCG have made clothing for her as well.

Laurie

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 11:54 PM

BVH's web address is www.bvh3d.com.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2013 at 11:56 PM

Don't worry, I found it.

Thanks.

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2013 at 12:38 AM

Quote - You might also be interested in Anastasia, Antonia and Miki 3. We have seen several new figures this past year.

Anastasia is a morph by Blackhearted for Alyson 2 and is the male equivalent of Tyler, sort of. She is available in the Renderosity Marketplace.

Antonia and Miki 3 are two more weight mapped figures. Antonia is free and can be found at Rdna. Miki 3 is at CP and is free for a limited time. Tyler is also free for a limited time at CP but I believe he was also included for free with Anastasia.

Actually, Miki 3 is NOT weight mapped. Miki 4 is. Miki 3 is just good ol' fashioned bones.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2013 at 7:44 AM · edited Sat, 05 January 2013 at 7:45 AM

Quote - Actually, Miki 3 is NOT weight mapped. Miki 4 is. Miki 3 is just good ol' fashioned bones.

Miki 3 has capsule joint zones, tho', so she'll only work acceptably in Poser 8/PP2010 or higher...

Janl ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2013 at 8:29 AM

Quote - > Quote - You might also be interested in Anastasia, Antonia and Miki 3. We have seen several new figures this past year.

Actually, Miki 3 is NOT weight mapped. Miki 4 is. Miki 3 is just good ol' fashioned bones.

Oops, I meant Miki 4, not Miki 3.

pitklad ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 2:20 AM

Hello my friend Andreas! Nice to see you back! I hope you are good with your health now! Best wishes for the new year!

My FreeStuff

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 4:59 AM

Quote - BVH's web address is www.bvh3d.com.

OT: BVH3D has been unavailable to me for a long time - I had removed his site from my links page. However according to downforeveryoneorjustme.com, it isjust me...  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.