Mon, Oct 21, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Annual Songbird ReMix Open Rendering Season Contest

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 3:55 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 9:45 PM

file_490225.jpg

My [annual bird imagery contest](http://www.empken.com/SongbirdReMix/contest.htm "annual bird imagery contest") is now accepting entries.  The imagery and/or animation can be on any subject but it must include a visible and discernible Songbird ReMix bird**.** Any 2D or 3D Software may be used.

The Contest closes March 1st at 11:59pm pst.  Award winners will be annouced March 15th. Cool prizes of software and merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, etc) will be awarded to the top 4 finishers and 4 honorable mentions.

Songbird ReMix

ashley9803 ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 9:26 PM

I went in one of these a long while back and won a little prize. It was good fun and I recommend it to one and all. The contest was well run and Ken is super-nice guy.

Well.... I guess I need to enter the new contest now. Yeh, why not.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 8:05 AM

Ooooh, great fun!  I'm working on mine now.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 2:19 AM · edited Tue, 08 January 2013 at 2:20 AM

Awesome. I love your birds Ken. I probably try and feature some of them every other render I do. After all, birds are such an important archetype within the human imagination... and a vital reality within our ecosystem. Where would we be without the birds... and the bees, eh?

I will have to give this comp a shot...

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 10:45 AM

file_490275.jpg

Above are images of some of the prize winners throughout the years...

For those who haven't enter this contest before I have a panel of judges with a wide variety of tastes (a 3D professional, two gallery owners, a rock recording artist, an ornithologist and a board member of Audubon). The results almost surprise me and the top 5-6 images always very, very close in votes.

Songbird ReMix

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 6:14 PM

There’s one week left to enter my Bird imagery contest in which you can possibly win some of my birds products and/or t-shirts, coffee mugs and other cool stuff.

For current Owners of Songbird Remix (especially those using DAZ Studio 4.5), I strongly suggest looking at the updates in my Downloads and “Other Downloads”. Many of the products have not only been updated for DS 4.5 but enhanced as well— better textures on some birds, new morphs on models and of course a wide selection of freebies. 

Songbird ReMix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.