Sun, Oct 6, 6:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT: Computer, print me out a medium rare steak please...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2013 at 5:27 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 1:51 AM

So, everyone's heard of 3D printing.

But just read this... a company called "Modern Meadow" is working on a printer that can output meat:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20972018

Yup, that's right... meat.

At present it does look I'd still need to do some post-processing in the George Foreman though... if I wanted it medium rare ;)

But, can it be combined with 3D printing options, so that I can design the shape of my meat in ZBrush, and rig and pose it in Poser, before I print it out and slap it under the grill?

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2013 at 6:35 AM

If you get a misprint I guess it could be said that you made a pig's ear of it.

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2013 at 6:46 AM · edited Mon, 21 January 2013 at 6:47 AM

Imagine bringing Posette to life, so that I could finally ask her out on a date!

dph

PS: I wonder if I could still dial her breasts enlargement morphs then!

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2013 at 7:24 AM · edited Mon, 21 January 2013 at 7:24 AM

Quote - If you get a misprint I guess it could be said that you made a pig's ear of it.

He he ;)

Quote - Imagine bringing Posette to life, so that I could finally ask her out on a date!

dph

PS: I wonder if I could still dial her breasts enlargement morphs then!

I don't this particular printer would manage to produce Posette in a living form... sadly.

Edible, possibly... yes ;-)

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2013 at 7:55 AM

But she will be HOT :-)

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2013 at 8:19 AM

I'm still waiting for chocolate..... ;) I think they make those already. LOL None anywhere near here tho. I want one for my living room. LOL

Laurie

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2013 at 8:37 AM · edited Mon, 21 January 2013 at 8:38 AM

Quote - I'm still waiting for chocolate..... ;) I think they make those already. LOL None anywhere near here tho. I want one for my living room. LOL

Laurie

Yeah, I guess, technically, chocolate is already "printed" in the factory manufacturing process, a lot of the time?

...here's what is apparently the World's first commercially available 3d chocolate printer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDEdGhE2dUk

But, I think the question there is, does it come with UK and / or European chocolate "ink"?

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2013 at 8:38 AM

file_490820.jpg

Hey LauriA You can not complain. they make chocolate feet for you :-)

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2013 at 11:07 AM

Quote - Hey LauriA
You can not complain.
they make chocolate feet for you :-)

Pffft...heehee ;).

Laurie

mysticeagle ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2013 at 12:08 PM

wonder if they can print out edible pants ? or conforming food types :)

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2013 at 5:00 AM

Meat underwear?

Whole new meaning to the term "meat sweats" there... :-o

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2013 at 7:31 PM

That's what I need.  A printer that can make me a decent single malt scotch whisky.  :)  (a girl can dream)  

...... Kendra

Winterclaw ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2013 at 10:08 PM · edited Tue, 22 January 2013 at 10:09 PM

3D printing: the lover of your dreams made on demand in one hour.

Well, if you play that one star wars game, you'd know robots think of humans as meatbags.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 1:36 AM

Quote - 3D printing: the lover of your dreams made on demand in one hour.

Well, if you play that one star wars game, you'd know robots think of humans as meatbags.

Well, in this case, provided the love of your life is hamburger shaped and tastes a bit steaky ;)

He he, robots aren't (usually) cast as meat eaters though...? I guess you have to be meade of meat to crave it? Even then, many of us now don't...

...I hadn't previously envisaged C3P0 as the poster child for vegetarianism. But, yup... I'd say now he's right up there alongside Morrisey, in my head ;)

DarthJ ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 2:52 PM

I was rather thinking of Star Trek's food replicator :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD4EVXkfe0w

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.