Wed, Sep 18, 11:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Imported Fonts Will Not Work in Blender 2.64

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2013 at 3:20 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:46 AM

I'm checking for a solution to a problem I am having with fonts in Blender 2.64. Basically what is happening is that after I import a font and its name is in the font text box in the tool shelf to the right, typing my text only gives me the default Blender font.

I have searched the internet for a solution to this problem and for tutorials concerning how to do the operation. All the tutorials that are valid and easy to follow instruct the same method. I have already used YouTubes tutorials on the subject following them exactly the way they instruct. It is as though something is being left out. I cannot get the imported font to work at all.

I am using Windows 7 OS. Nearly all the fonts I have downloaded are in .ttf format. I have checked and rechecked all steps several times, and I know I am following them in the correct order.

If anybody can help me, I would certainly appreciate it.

Agent 0013.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2013 at 2:42 AM

I am using Blender 2.65 and Windows 7, also ttf fonts, and I follow the procedure you describe. We probably did the same tutorials. It works for me. Is there a specific reason why you are using 2.64?

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2013 at 11:02 AM

Quote - I am using Blender 2.65 and Windows 7, also ttf fonts, and I follow the procedure you describe. We probably did the same tutorials. It works for me. Is there a specific reason why you are using 2.64?

I had not been notified of the latest builds, even though I set up my account to notify me at Blender.org. So I missed 2.65 altogether. If it had not been for my good friend HeddHeld, I would not know that 2.66 has now been released. I plan to go get it ASAP. Then maybe the fonts will work the way they should. I have several fonts I want to use in Blender. The default Blender font is just too plain, if you know what I mean! 

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2013 at 5:23 AM · edited Sun, 17 February 2013 at 5:26 AM

2.66 is released? I have been waiting for that!

Checked - I think I shall wait for the official release rather than the release candidate. I often don't know if it is me or the program that is at fault when something strange happens.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2013 at 9:21 AM

I was told it had been released already. Sorry, I jumped the gun with my last post. I went to Blender.org and found the version available is the RC version. (RC= Release Candidate) I too shall wait for the official release.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 11:07 AM

And it's released now, very cool.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:04 PM

Quote - And it's released now, very cool.

I know. I have yet to get it as I have been busy with other things. Will be going for it soon though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.