Thu, Sep 19, 5:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:15 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Renderosity on Wikipedia

AZBO ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 4:56 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 1:55 PM

Old in the head-New to learning.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 2:42 PM · edited Tue, 19 February 2013 at 2:52 PM

It was a rather brief article.  I noticed a few problems:

• founded earlier than dec. 1998 (when roy (userID1) was setting up the second iteration), but I don't recall the exact time, other than it was called to our attention in legume's usenet group
  • doesn't say who founded it (willow and grey), but one can't use pseudonyms
  • doesn't say anything about jack kammerer or why he sold it to tim
  • alleges that it's about more than poser, but no documentation, nor are there any external links to anything but poser
  • numerous syntax errors attributable to a lack of understanding of punctuation
  • implies a monthly subscription is needed to get most of the content (faulty syntax)
  • one or more typos, e.g. "popluar". and some grammar errors, e.g. referring to people as "that"
  • vendors are alternately referred to as brokers or artists

however, the issue that seems to concern their editors is the flurry of edits, which they may interpret as trolling.  I can't edit it, as it might just attract another flurry.  perhaps they want the site owners to edit it, rather than some users with pseudonyms.

AZBO ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 2:59 PM

I thought that perhap's a few disgruntled people had been bad mouthing ( I am innocent )

Interesting though if it were-Taking their turmoil to Wiki looking for answer's because no-one would listen to them here.

Google say's Renderosity.com was founded on Fri, 25 Nov.

This is probably wrong since renderosity worked under a previous name before user's chose the name Renderosity,

All info found using google for those who want to pass some time.

TinaK ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 3:27 PM

Thanks AZBO,

I have sent this to another staff member to address.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

AZBO ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 3:53 PM

Welcome

the_tdog ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 9:26 PM

Does it mention this godawful site redesign?

Maybe an epic amount of users having their eyeballs unexpectedly burned out on Feb 21, 2013?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.