Sun, Oct 6, 6:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT Heads Up, Show me your Ugly

Saxon3d ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 3:28 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 2:48 PM

Lots of threads and questions about reality, realism in Poser lately, now it  is your chance to get one up on the competition, I have managed to hack the link to the next Poser Forum challenge, so you get an whole extra 10 days to think about your entries and how exactly you want to show your definition of realism for the entire Poserverse to see...... Don't tell the mods.............................

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/index.php?contest_id=1321

Saxon3d ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 3:42 PM

who knows, maybe a few skin/morph makers might see this as an opportunity to make some imperfect skins for Vikky and her cousins...................

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 3:45 PM · edited Tue, 19 February 2013 at 3:46 PM

Thanks for the heads up... Competitors, prepare to reap the malevolent ebon whirlwind!

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 4:19 PM

As usual Saxon, the sound of crickets is deafening.

Saxon3d ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 4:33 PM

The crickets are a positive sign, the fact that you can hear them means that Globalthermonuclear war has been averted and people are already emerging from the shelters determined to enter the challenge in case the next alarm is for real. Don't worry Primorge, I heard a voice that said "If you build it up they will come", So as soon as James Earl Basicwiz launches the competition officially, the competitor will be lined up in his drove to enter.

As Shakespeare so aptly put it, "Cry Competition and let loose the dogs of war, and just hope they don't get as far as the back door and pee on the rug", because that would be a real shame, it's a nice rug.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 4:46 PM

Fly my pretties, fly! ;)

As the Wicked Witch of the West didn't say...

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 6:43 PM

Guess it's time to upload my posioned Apple to the free stuff section :woot:

Yikes! Sounds like if you don't follow the exact file size requirements you could get burned at the stake.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 9:11 PM

"Yikes! Sounds like if you don't follow the exact file size requirements you could get burned at the stake."

*Probably BasicWiz has had a lot of headaches trying to get people to comply with submission criteria, Really though how difficult is it?... A 10mb final image file should be sufficient for any type of imagery that will displayed on the web, I think.

So Saxon, I suppose that postwork is o.k. for this image?

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 9:23 PM

Ooooooo --- all ready getting slew of ideas.  Can nudity be posted in them?  I thought so, but just want to check.  LOL.  This is going to be great! :lol:

Poser Pro 2012/3DS Max 2013/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Zbrush/

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 10:42 PM

file_491761.png

Just started building a cauldron primitive... ;)

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2013 at 12:18 AM

What Saxon3D does not know is that his hack into the contest is actually my own uploaded virus that is currently eviscerating his entire hard drive! (Maniacal laughter thunders off Mt. Doom)

Morkonan ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2013 at 12:42 AM

You found Stella!

Star Trek - Stella Mudd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1EbxYKh_4

I'm temped to make a Stella Mudd and morph for it... :D

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2013 at 3:49 AM

Quote - You found Stella!

Star Trek - Stella Mudd

Ewwww.... thing is, Alyson wouldn't be hard to morph into Stella...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2013 at 4:09 AM
Site Admin

I have some questions concerning the three files required to be submitted.   It states the thumbnail should be 100x100 but what kB size?   The same goes for the image, 1024x1024 are the max pixels but what about max KB size?   Finally there's the File which is 10MB max - what is this?  Just a larger image than the 1024x1024 image?   Is it just supposed to be better print quality thus the allowance in size or bigger in terms of pixels as well?   And why is it necessary?  If my image is up to 1024x1024 am I required to submit it twice?  Can't I just submit an image and thumbnail?  The challenge page states "NOTE: Entries not including all THREE asked for images of the proper size will be deleted." 

Saxon3d ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2013 at 4:35 AM

As far as I am aware Kalypso, the rules is da rules is da rules. I don't know the logic behind the three image submission but it's been that way for the last couple of forum render challenges. I think the thumbnail limit is the same as gallery submission ie 15kb, as for the other criteria, those are questions best answered by Basicwiz..........

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2013 at 4:46 AM

As I understand it, if your image is maximum 1024 x 1024 then yes, you would submit it twice, to both the "image" and "file" upload boxes.

That is, I suppose, just what's required by the contests functionality of the Rendo website...

The contests section obviously doesn't have capability to automatically resize uploads, hence  why the three files are required, basically... I would guess.

The larger "file" upload option is presumably there to cater for larger / higher quality versions (so that an image can be judged in its full glory, if its full glory extends beyond the 1024 x 1024 limit for the "preview" page)?

I was certainly glad to be able to upload a decent resolution version of my entries, to previous contests...

Going with the 15kb limit on the thumbnail sounds like a plan. That's what I did previously, I think.

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2013 at 8:00 AM

Re: the rules...

Thumbs are limited to 15Kb, the 1024 images to 500K and the full to 10 Mb. Standard Rendo Specs.

And yes, the reasons for the three images are exactly as discussed above.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2013 at 8:55 AM

"So Saxon, I suppose that postwork is o.k. for this image?"

Hmmm, I was wondering the same thing...

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2013 at 9:26 AM

Yes, Postwork is allowed.

Saxon3d ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2013 at 9:28 AM

Postwork is fine by me, anything in fact you want as long as you create the scene in Poser. Filter it, splash it, cell shade it, layer it, just make it sing :) and ugly lol

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2013 at 10:39 AM
Site Admin

Thanks for the clarifications everyone.  

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2013 at 7:39 PM

HAhA! I did not even have to listen. "Harcourt! Harcourt Fenton Mudd, you miserable sot..."

Quote - You found Stella!

Star Trek - Stella Mudd

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:34 AM

Any good wart or mole, or other skin blemish, add-on textures or smart props out there?

;)

I have my witch, but currently she is too pristine...

Saxon3d ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:47 AM

I was hoping some of the texture makers might step forward to provide some warty spotty imperfect skins, but i foresee a future of graphics programs and sticky on spots for you...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 9:01 AM · edited Fri, 22 February 2013 at 9:02 AM

Quote - I was hoping some of the texture makers might step forward to provide some warty spotty imperfect skins, but i foresee a future of graphics programs and sticky on spots for you...

LOL :-D

Hmmm... I'm thinking I'll be fashioning a rather large smart prop of a wart then... one big enough to have its own vascular system... eugh ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.