Wed, Sep 18, 7:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Eeww...What happened to the Forum?

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:48 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

I rebuilt my Firefox profile this afternoon because of performance issues, and when I went back online the the Forum has...changed.  I thought it was something I'd done, but apparently it really has gained a lot of empry space, Sans serif fonts and  and blue-on-blue links and I had to widen my browser window to get it to display properly.  And the spellchecker still doesn't work. 

Ah well, at least it isn't my fault...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

3anson ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:50 PM

yeah, can barely read half the text here now, flipping awful colour scheme.

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:51 PM

its bloody awful lol just my opinion, still only to be expected, the chat room hasnt worked properly since Bert and Ernie rebuilt that :)

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:57 PM

Actually I think the fonts are the same, but the colours are different and the grid is missing from the Topic List.  Also, I get a big space above the text in posts....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Rance01 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:58 PM

It just keeps getting worse and worse ....

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:59 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 3:59 PM

The brownish (or is it gray?) part looks like a flashback to much older site formatting.  But the blue text on slightly-darker blue background is new, and not so easy to read.  It sort of looks like there are incomplete changes implemented, with the weird-ish spacing and formatting of the text in posts.  Is this the new, final format to get used to?  😕

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

bevans84 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:00 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:01 PM

I don't think it's too bad. The blue on blue links are a problem though.

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:00 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:02 PM

I really hope not Cage, my eyes couldnt cope with it for too long without developing some sorta eyestrain, the light grey and pale blue are really hard to read for me, I hope we don't get the same advice as we did in the chat room, "Use a different browser, it wasn't built with IE in mind"

SoulTaker ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:02 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:05 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

o goody another Online poser store starts pi**ing around with its site.

now its harder to read stuff, it has a soddin great white ugly bar along the top

blue on blue ffs send the sh*t for brains that came up with that one the to a design school

and now the links are just a bit more work,

please I beg of you dont change something for the sake of it, if you must change something do it for the better,( this is not BTW or hadnt you guessed)

please dont tell me you have hired someone from Daz

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:06 PM

Quote - please dont tell me you have hired someone from Daz

maybe Bondware?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:10 PM

Give me back the previous format!!!!!!

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:12 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:15 PM

this might come in handy from google, tips to create a great website part 1

Design and Layout In this section we will explore the fundamentals of good layout. In this section you will learn how to make your pages more effective and pleasing to the eye.
Here are some basic principles: 1. Create a Visual Theme that is consistent. 2. Align elements on the page. 3. Use contrasting color and text weight effectively. 4. Group elements together so that the reader can more easily grasp the information you are presenting.

number 3 seems to have been forgotten

hang on, ive just figured it out, it's a test, when you can read the text grasshopper it will be time for you to leave...............

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:17 PM

The formatting should be able to deal with different browser font size settings, as well.  The larger text in the above post has the lines running together on my browser, because my setting is greater than the default 16 point size.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:26 PM

Fuck my spats!  This looks lousy, amateurish, cheap and hard on the eyes.

Which genius thought blue text on a blue ground was a good idea?  

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:32 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:32 PM

BIG HINT!!!!!!!!

CHANGE IT BACK, CHANGE IT BACK, CHANGE IT BACK............

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:35 PM

Sam, that's genius, I think of a particular Monty Python Sketch when I see comments like yours, "I wish I'd said that Oscar",

"You will, You will"

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:37 PM

Quote - Is this the new, final format to get used to?  😕

Cage, I think  this is a transitional phase; whatever they finally come up will will be an improvement... :lol:

Sivana ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:40 PM

Blinded by the light, eh? Most in loud white now. I´m not sure if I like it.

Paul Francis ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:41 PM

Aarrgh....my eyes......!  It looks worse than the website for our local church that the vicar's mother-in-law designed after reading the Which? guide to website design.  Probably.

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:41 PM

yes you are right WandW, a blind man with a white pen using a nobo board will be better than this, but will it be better than what we had, which imho was pretty damn good, Daz White is fine for your shirts and table cloths but this combo is plain awful. My question is, if it's not finished why inflict it on us, why not wait for the new super improved site to be ready then launch it, I mean this isn't the Xfactor, conflict doesn't get viewers :) heehee

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:54 PM

Whoever thought this up, please take their big crayola crayon away!!!!

All the best.

LROG

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 4:57 PM
Site Admin

Thank goodness you guys are seeing it too. I thought I broke my tablet. It looks to me like they aren't done yet. It would have been nice to get a heads up though. Kind of a hey we're changing things but don't freak out because we're not done yet

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:06 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:08 PM

Attached Link: this member

as far as i am aware 

is the Bondware employee who dealt with the recent chatroom "improvements" (a subject of continuing debate) maybe this member is the one to ask about the changes?

Rance01 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:08 PM

Tag, I'm out.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:09 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:11 PM

**Someone fire this guy !

Long time ago, a smart guy invented something called "ergonomics".

Human-machine interface.

This is NOT it.**

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:11 PM

From a cannon!!!!!

All the best.

LROG

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:12 PM

Nice huh, I hope YOU like, as I do NOT !

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:14 PM

CHANGE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best.

LROG

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:15 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:19 PM

Once upon a time, there was a little hippy commune, all the hippys lived happily together and shared their resources and their intellect, then one day a capitalist hippy thought, maybe i can make big big bucks from this free shit and so he did, and all the the hippys lived unhappily ever after :) apart from the capitalist hippy and his artistically challenged freinds who made really crap websites and still raked in the cash and they all lived happily ever after until the revolution, which obviously couldnt happen because they had the power to censor the input on the free hippy capitalist pay for view website that they controlled.

Obviously this could never happen...............

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:22 PM

Light blue over light blue. How can you invent it???

Half of the ***** became unreadable.

Ever looked at the site over a Smart phone???
Looked at the site with a 7" tablet???????????
Good luck now.

The heading alone takes 3 pages to scroll down.. ***NICE !

And then you "think" you see there might be some blue words over a blue background because the pre programmed mind expects them to be there.

Someone learn this guy something about R,G,B. That would be: Red, Blue, and Green. 
Ergonomices, readability.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:23 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:24 PM
Site Admin

They can't be done. There's no ignore button yet. On the plus side the wish list now has a total so I know how much I need to get it all.

or maybe they were hacked and will get things back in order soon.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:26 PM

Quote - Sam, that's genius, I think of a particular Monty Python Sketch when I see comments like yours, "I wish I'd said that Oscar",

"You will, You will"

bows  Thanks!  I'll be here all week. 

Try the fish! :)  

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:33 PM

thanks cuz, glad you back:)  even kenny Wayne Shepherd said Blue on Black, honestly Rendo, if things are that hard that you have to hire a preschooler for website construction, i will pledge something from my small benefits cheque towards hiring someone capable of  getting the colours right, yes colours. not colors, colours..................

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:45 PM

Even though this is supposed to be a place for artist, they forgot to make sure the tech guys read the artist manual as well. Maybe the guy who made the layout is colorblind? I'm not and it either hurts my eyes or it's hard to see, both is no good. I like a lot of the improvements I do see, but the color scheme isn't one of them.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

dlfurman ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 5:56 PM

Quote - o goody another Online poser store starts pi**ing around with its site.

now its harder to read stuff, it has a soddin great white ugly bar along the top

blue on blue ffs send the sh*t for brains that came up with that one the to a design school

and now the links are just a bit more work,

please I beg of you dont change something for the sake of it, if you must change something do it for the better,( this is not BTW or hadnt you guessed)

please dont tell me you have hired someone from Daz

I was thinking the same thing....

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 6:04 PM

looks awful on my phone,let alone my pc....go back,this is rubbish

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 6:14 PM

I hate to be pessemistic, but if the recent chat room changes and our complaints about it are anything to go by, welcome to the new look rendo, either like it, change your browser or bugger off, because thats pretty much what we got in chat, Ok there may be one or two diehard fans that think extolling the virtues of the new look will earn them brownie points or a prereserved place in poser heaven, but honestly for the number of active member we have, you would have at least thought we would have had a heads up, here are the website new look choices.............once again we are cattle

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 6:23 PM

You know, I often find that the more I use something the more I like it and if I didn't like it at first, I find it's better than I thought.

Not this time...sigh

Just trying to look at a product page - no more % off info, HUGE pictures and huge lettering and huge spaces.  Takes forever to scroll down.  Completely miserable experience trying to read reviews of a product.  Colors - light turquoise text on dark turquoise background that disappears as you mouse over it.

It's simply awful.  Awful.

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 6:26 PM

It's not all that different than the previous version. Just a little more spacious and a poor choice of color.  I don't get what everyone is so upset about.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 6:27 PM

It's CRAP!!!!

All the best.

LROG

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 6:38 PM

with respect Teyon, your eyes must be better than mine, but for me it has become a hardship....

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 6:39 PM

Absolutely no Jack Daniels aloud before terrorizing Renderosity color scheme ,anymore.
Well ,unless I'm invited. 😉

While where terrorizing Renderosity ,A spell checker would be nice. :unsure:

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 6:43 PM

Quote - with respect Teyon, your eyes must be better than mine, but for me it has become a hardship....

Well, people do say I'm too nice for my own good, maybe I'm just being nice. lol.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 6:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - with respect Teyon, your eyes must be better than mine, but for me it has become a hardship....

Well, people do say I'm too nice for my own good, maybe I'm just being nice. lol.

Being nice is a good thing. Don't ever change that. ^_^

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

pisaacs ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 6:58 PM
Online Now!

Phooey, awful, not good, tedious, ugly(relatively speaking).

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 7:01 PM

Some of the text formatting of posts seems to have improved, since this thread was started.  That's something, anyway.  :unsure:

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 7:02 PM

the forums themselves seem to be white text on a black background. The blue links are ok until you mouseover them.  I use the ctl-mousewheel to enlarge the page if I need to  so I dont think its that bad.

Firefox 18.0.1

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 7:10 PM

well there's always the positive view, it's not quite as crap as most people think it is, therefore it's ok........that suits me, i'll just stop viewing it :) please don't tell me I have to leave again geesh,,, this is getting to be a fulltime job

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 7:20 PM

maybe I am used to not seeing the television news alerts that use a light grey on slightly darker light grey background. Light blue on darker blue is fine.

Does the css changes still apply ?

Amigo968 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 7:25 PM

Change it back please. I can't read and see the items to well. It's soo difficult for my eyes and I would like to change the colours and all back to the old version.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2013 at 7:56 PM

Jeez, it's bad enough DAZ fucked it up with their abortion of a forum change, don't go down the same path as those idiots, change it back now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.