Sun, Oct 6, 6:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: My first attempts at making some clothing for Anastasia / Alyson2...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:33 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 4:21 AM

file_491818.jpg

So I got Lyrra's awesome [Alyson2 Developers Kit](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/alyson-2-developers-kit/94580) back in the autumn, and been tinkering with modelling an outfit.

Last night I thought I'd have a go at doing the rigging...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:34 AM

file_491819.jpg

Posed...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:35 AM

file_491820.jpg

Posed, rear view...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:36 AM

file_491821.jpg

Leopard print ;)

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:39 AM

I just rigged it by loading the developer kit donor rig into my mesh in the setup room.

However I then ran it through Wardrobe Wizard, selecting the copy weight maps option.

As well as adding the Alyson2 and GND Anastasia morphs, and the Wardrobe Wizard fitting morphs, this fixed a number of issues of, or what I think were of, a joint centre related nature.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:40 AM

file_491822.jpg

Wardrobe Wizard fitted it to Anastasia fairly well... although I think I'd be better fitting it manually (i.e. modelling the morphs myself) really...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:41 AM

file_491823.jpg

Ana posed...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:42 AM

I think it probably needs some JCMs. I had to dial down the GND Ana JCMs on biceps to remove poke-through in that last pose.

I haven't figured out how to adjust the weight mapping myself yet... that's the next learning project :)

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:44 AM

file_491824.jpg

My mesh... clumsily adulterated, I'm sure, from Lyrra's developer kit bodysuit...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:45 AM

file_491825.jpg

From behind...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:47 AM

It really was easy to get the rigging thus far... working well enough for many of my own purposes certainly.

Whilst it's still very rough and ready, I was pleasantly surprised just how well it worked with those few simple steps.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:53 AM

Once I get the "Onesie" suit down, I plan on making a hybrid conforming and dynamic Pantomime Horse outfit for Anastasia and Tyler ;)

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:18 AM

I'd like to see a morph to put the hood down. Nice work so far. Way beyond my current abilities. But I'm working on it...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:08 AM

Thanks Rokket :)

Although I'd disagree on how it compares with your own output... you're modelling some very nice stuff from scratch.

All I've done is modified and appended to Lyrra's merchant resource really... and used some shaders by Bagginsbill and Kobaltkween to make it pop a bit more ;)

The textures are just procedural by the way... using Kobaltkween's velvet shader, from her Essential Materials product and also BB's leopard skin shader from another thread here.

I created separate mat zones for the stripes and the cuffs... and the zipper (which is just made using ZBrush's tri-part insert brush).

A morph to put the hood down would be good.

I'm planning to do some cloth sims with a prop version of the mesh next... maybe add the results of that back into the conforming version as morphs, perhaps...

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 10:34 PM

Yeah, I was referring to my clothing efforts. All I can do right now is make from fitting body suits and skin tight skirts and dresses. Popular stuff, I admit, but I'd like to be able to make a woman's business suit, or a nice suit for the men characters in Poser. I'd like to be able to make stuff beyond slut wear. That's what I am aiming for.

And thanks for the compliments on my stuff. It's not perfect, but I am getting better with each thing I create.

If you could get the hood to drop in cloth sim and then save that as a morph, this would be something I would like to have in my runtime...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 12:36 PM

Looks very nice. Thanks for pointing out Kobaltkween's Essential Materials. Looking for something just like that, and somehow missed it.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 4:23 PM

Nice outfit.  I like it.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:31 PM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback ;)

I'll post some more updates when I get those cloth sims done and have played around with adding some more morphs to it.

Lyrra's Alyson2 Developers Kit license allows me to distribute this as a freebie*, as far as I understand it (as I've significantly modified the base bodysuit mesh). Therefore I plan to upload to free stuff once I'm happy with it...

*not including the Kobaltkween shaders, of course, as those aren't a merchant resource, but the leopard print shader is from a post Bagginsbill made here... so that'll be in there... ;)

AetherDream ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 9:20 PM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 9:27 PM

Great work! I love to see new stuff for Alyson and Anastasia. I thought of getting that Developer Kit, but then I have about Zero ability to Model, rig, ect. I did get his bodysuit and I have been having some fun with that lately. I look forward to seeing the final product.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.