Mon, Oct 21, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: My Maddening Day with Poser Pro 2012

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 9:54 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 12:40 AM

So, like any legacy user I have my custom v4 rig...loaded with Every possible Morph Pack, Pose Magic Gen 4, Lalibits, A selection of customized characters and their full body morphs and of course weight mapping.

All I want to do is Add Perfect V4 Complete to the rig.  In order to run the python script that injects 8 billion blank channels into the figure, I have to destroy the rig, removing props and causing dial-link associations to be permanently lost, because they only exist within this pz3.

After trying every possible cr2 editor to simply move the blanks from one donor cr2 to the rig, failing because each cr2 editor lacks one aspect desperately needed, searching for two hours for every possible "Create blank channel" scripts in the python forum, half of which won't work anymore and the other half just wrong enough not to foot the bill for what's needed, I decide to make a new rig from scratch.

Well, bugger all, I've Got S4 and ++ for the new rig and I'm happy with that.  I never use Girl or Elite or Muscle pack or any of that crap, but I do use S4.  I inject the ++ and decide Perfect V4 goes in first.

No problem.  Next, Lalibits.  NO problem.

Next, weight mapping...problem.  Crash, crash, crash crash.

There are 600 blank channels in the Body group alone.  I suppose I could do it manually but damn, can there really be no simple solution?

I will say this again:  We have gotten way out of control with how everything is done.  There shouldn't have to be a seperate step to inject blank channels and load the data for those channels.

Days like this make me want to just uninstall it all and find something else to do.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 10:04 PM

This is why I dispise the injection system and wish Genesis worked better in Poser. With injections, you either get problems like you're having there, or else you inject something into your figure, only to have a needed morph or two get overwritten.

I've been running into similar problems with CR2 editing, and actually ended up resorting to using search and replace with regular expressions in a text editor. This obviously won't work for 99% of Poser file editing purposes.

I think Cage was working on some kind of system to make injections work in a more respectable manner, but I'm not sure how far he got.

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 10:11 PM

I love the readme which says (paraphrased) "Just go ahead and load a nice clean v4, go through the install, and use this from now on!"  lol

Okay, I'll just set fire to the last six years.

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 10:12 PM

The only real problem is the included script gets bollocksed up if you have any attached props...I guess it can't ignore them for some reason.

If the script was better, no loss to rig required.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.