Mon, Sep 9, 4:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Limit on the number of Props in runtime?

MarkHirst ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2013 at 3:48 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 9:45 PM

I recently installed the Destroyed City set from DAZ and was surprised to see no sign of it in my Props library.

Now I've noticed other props have disappeared too, all my Stonemason buildings for example.

I can find them using search, and add them to a scene fine, but can no longer browse for them.

Have I hit a limit somewhere? Using Poser 9 on Windows 7

www.CambrianMoons.com

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2013 at 3:53 PM

Nope ..i have tons of them in my runtime..

so there must be something else doing it.. have you changed the runtime view ? "not deep anymore"

C.

HERE are my FREEBEE's

MarkHirst ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2013 at 4:09 PM

Thanks for replying.

I've checked my settings and they are set to 'Deep', I've also hit refresh a few times to no avail.

www.CambrianMoons.com

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2013 at 5:55 PM · edited Tue, 26 March 2013 at 5:58 PM

You might want to consider categorized runtimes if it's becoming unwieldy. Such as by Type etcetera, I have seperate runtimes for clothes, hair, sets, and so on. In a few cases I have specific figure dedicated runtimes.

Haven't really purchased or DL'd too many freebies in a while so my file bloat is kind of hovering, which allows me time for micro-management when I'm bored or uninspired. It's startling how much spur of the moment poser content downloads are actually useless once you really go over it with a pragmatic eye. There's always backing up to external media, too.

Can't say I've ever encountered disappearing content though, I'm not using Poser 9 however.

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 8:08 AM · edited Wed, 27 March 2013 at 8:08 AM

At the risk of asking a REALLY simnplistic question: Have you rebooted to see if that clears the problem?

MarkHirst ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 3:30 PM

I turn the machine off at night, so it's had several chances to fix the problem that way. I tried removing the Destroyed City prop but that didn't fix the problem.

It could be that the problem was there for a while, but I didn't notice.

www.CambrianMoons.com

putrdude ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 5:07 PM

When I can't find something, which is almost always, I simply go to Windows Explorer and search for it that way.  Once you find it, you can see the path and where it is, in what runtime.  I've had installs, install to runtimeruntime and other weird things.   You can just add the runtime directory to poser with the + and it should show up.  

Just a thought.

fireangel ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 6:57 PM

Back up your Poser preferences and try deleting them in their original location.  When things get wierd a corrupt preferences file is often the cuplrit and deleting it forces the program to make a new file.  Yes you will have to set your preferences up again, but if it starts working properly it's worth those few minutes.

Another thing to try (perhaps before deleting preferences) is:

1 Setup another runtime folder and choose it as your current one; it only needs to have one item installed in it.

1. Delete from the list of runtimes the runtime folder you're having trouble with.

2. Quit Poser and then reload it.

3. Add the runtime folder back to your list and select it.

This might clear the problem if Poser has a corrupted index for that folder, as it should search the folder from scratch when you add it back to the list and create a new index.

Zanzo ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 8:42 PM · edited Wed, 27 March 2013 at 8:55 PM

I'm just thinking out loud here and it's been a while since I've tackled this problem.

Short Explanation: Look for a tab called "show compatibility files" where the files should be. Make sure the files didn't get installed in the virtual store.

Long Explanation: What the F is a virtual store zanzo?

Maybe the files got stored in the virtual store, compatibility files folder.  Some applications don't have permission to install to program files directory so instead the files get installed to a virtual directory.

When you installed the application did you give it administrator privelages? If you didn't maybe it got installed to the separate folder.

READ THE FOLLOWING URL:

Invisible Files in Windows 7 Program Files
- Mysterious Vanishing Invisible Files in Windows 7 Program Files or Windows folders - Solved!http://www.domainwebcenter.com/?p=643

(But I can't remember if virtual store files still show up in the poser library)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.