Mon, Oct 21, 4:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: ALL HAIL GALACTUS

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2013 at 5:30 AM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 8:54 AM

file_493690.jpg

Hi After nearly a year hiatus I am doing some new animation work inspired by  my recent return to comic book collecting( digital versions read on my tablet)

here are some very very early production stills  of the Main super villain...
the venerable Galactus !!

Just a short fan film the plot is still  "in development"

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2013 at 5:32 AM

file_493691.jpg

BTW

this outfit is a freebie on share CG for the oiriginal DAZ "Freak"

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2013 at 12:18 PM

Sounds like the video will be interesting. Best of luck. Thanks for the freebie.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2013 at 2:10 PM

Cool! Did he tangle with the Fantastic Four? My interest in comics ended somtime before it became de rigueur to explore the characters every private passion, secret angst and sexual pecadillo. What happened in the Fortress of Solitude stayed in the fortress of Solitude :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2013 at 2:15 PM

Those stills look promising. Looking forward to seeing the animation...

Cheers :)

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2013 at 2:37 PM

HAIL THE CUBE!!!!!

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2013 at 4:12 AM · edited Tue, 23 April 2013 at 4:24 AM

file_493879.jpg

Thanks all!!

Here are some updated images with final tweaks to his armor

and some shots of his massize, planet eating space fortress the "Tau 2"

named after his long dead home world of Tau.

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2013 at 4:21 AM
wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2013 at 4:23 AM

file_493881.jpg

An actual still frame from an animation

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Gator762 ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2013 at 12:54 PM

Impressive looking stills.  Nice work!  You'll have to show us the short film when it's done.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2013 at 2:16 PM

Lovely bit of modelling on that space fortress too. I really like the way you've done the greebles / nurnies or whatever you'd call the detailing patterns there. Nicely styled overall.

The whole aesthetic looks nice and cohesive...

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2013 at 4:37 PM

"The whole aesthetic looks nice and cohesive..."

Thanks I am trying for a look of very Ancient/gothic but intimidating technology
as Galactus is billions of years old and actually predates the current universe
according to marvel Comics lore.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2013 at 8:47 PM · edited Tue, 23 April 2013 at 8:52 PM

Who's the Herald? I mean, Galactus traditionally has a herald that surveys potential snack items (i.e. planets), e.g. Silver Surfer, Terrax. Also did you know that Galactus is kin as a cosmic entity to the Marvel universe's personification of Death? Anyway, you've certainly chosen an interesting character to explore for your animated film with an incredibly rich backstory and fascinating cast of characters. Definitely one of my favorite Marvel Mythos characters. Judging from your stills (which are impressive) you're doing a good job of capturing the aesthetic. It would be awesome if you somehow squeezed an appearance by Thanos in there! (or hell, any of that Jim Starlin stuff).

Caveat... you're apt to inspire the wrath of comics uber-geeks if you make a wrong turn with this beloved character. Looking forward to seeing its completion.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2013 at 10:29 PM

file_493923.jpg

**"Caveat... you're apt to inspire the wrath of comics uber-geeks if you make a wrong turn with this beloved character."**

Ha Ha I am one of those Uber comic geeks who is still seething over that crappy volumetric dust cloud  they fobbed off as Galactus in "rise of the silver surfer"

anyway I redid his "Control room" so that it has a floor opening that I can animate.
him rising up from his "feeding chamber".

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2013 at 10:36 PM

file_493924.jpg

I may use  this guy as a herald.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2013 at 1:37 AM · edited Thu, 25 April 2013 at 1:44 AM

Hmm, cool. If I may, how about some insight into your process and postwork. The reason I ask is because the style is very convincingly illustrative...

Did you happen to read Silver Surfer: Parable, BTW?

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2013 at 5:25 AM · edited Thu, 25 April 2013 at 5:27 AM

"how about some insight into your process and postwork. The reason I ask is because the style is very convincingly illustrative..."

Hi these are straight renders out of Maxon Cinema4D using the awesome interposer Pro plugin that Supports All poser content and Formats,
All standard C4D lights NO GI/IDL/IBL!!!

I have a Minute per frame "budget" of 7 minutes each  anything longer will have to have the scene adjusted to get the time down
The renders I Have posted here have only some slight photoshop gamma adjustment  which will done to the animated footage in after effects CS.

This will be a "hard "sci fi , VFX heavy,space film with huge ships and space stations and a few aliens and the dilemma of dealing with a monolithic foe who is not really subject to physical Harm. typical "guy stuff"

I have not been this inspired to animate new personal stuff in a long time.

Thanks

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2013 at 5:39 AM

file_493927.jpg

As you can See I have full poser functionality within C4D except for python scripts.

My website

YouTube Channel

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2013 at 9:41 AM

Oh yeah, C4D is great... I played around with it a while back, in particular BP and the sketch and toon module. I think it was R10 that I tried. Just a really user friendly 3D suite, and incredibly nice help features.

If I had the cash for it, C4D would be my mid-high end app of choice. Anyway, my penny jar is getting kind of full, maybe eventually I'll be able to get it but only in Galactus years! Should have been less impatient and continued saving but opted instead for Carrara which I like but frankly the documentation is incomplete and Daz doesn't really seem to dedicate much attention to their secondary software stable but rather concentrates on content. Need to upgrade my computer to a more contemporary Mac before I even think about software. The straight out of the box renderer and scene functionality in C4D is indeed very nice, I can only imagine that more current versions are that much better.

perilous7 ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2013 at 9:45 AM

oh man how good is that! always loved galactus :-) top work

A cleaved head no longer plots.

http://www.perilous7.moonfruit.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.