Thu, Sep 19, 5:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Morph problem

Tarkhis ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 1:09 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 6:11 AM

I'm working on a prop project and I'm having a problem I can't quite figure out.

I've created a prop in Blender, exported as a OBJ file and imported into Poser.

I next modified the same prop in Blender to create a morph target.

When I load the morph target, it loads fine and it applies the shape with one problem.  It scales the entire prop up by about 10x normal size.

I am unsure why it is doing this and can't seem to sort it out.  Any advice or suggestions?

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 1:42 PM

Poser's typical scale is VASTLY smaller than most shape-makers. 

Here's how to get it right:

1. Bring the OBJ into Poser.  Scale it to the desired size. 

2. Save it as a prop.

3. While it's still in the scene, export a new OBJ from Poser.  (File: Export: Wavefront OBJ)

4. In the selections, uncheck everything except "As Morph Target".

5. Give this a name like "Lamp-For-MT.obj"

6. Use this OBJ to make all morphs in Blender; bring it into Blender, move vertices around, export it without any change of scale.

7. Apply these MT objects to the prop you made in Step 2. (the 'Load Morph' button on the prop panel.)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Tarkhis ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 1:45 PM

Ah, that solved it!   Thank you very much.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.