Sat, Aug 3, 6:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Sorta OT - The future of Poser?

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 7:42 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 4:07 AM
NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 8:10 AM

Very impressive! I love that hair.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

ghostman ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 8:31 AM

Really cool.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

snakegrab ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 9:54 AM

Those are extraordinary demonstrations.  It really stimulates my imagination to think how these techniques will play out in the CGI world. Thanks for sharing.

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 10:41 AM

Ooh.  The implicit skinning is excellent.  Is there anything Signed Distance Fields can't do?  :lol:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 10:56 AM

@.@ the hair!

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 3:49 PM

All three are technologies are completely awesome!

I'm looking forward to the version of Poser that integrates all of that, for sure...

Roll on 2015? ;)

Or are we talking more 2017 here...?

MKDAWUSS ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 8:33 PM

The Implicit Skinning would solve oh-so-many problems when it comes to posing. I wouldn't have to worry about watering down poses or covering things up with camera placements or even trying to correct things in photoshop.

As for the hair, it looks impressive, but I'd need to see more of what it can do before really getting excited. Hair and clothing are (AFAIK) two of the hardest modeling things to get right.

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 9:13 PM

Now this is awesome stuff. If it makes it into poser... woooooooooooo!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.