Mon, Oct 21, 4:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: OFF TOPIC: "GALACTUS RISING"

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:06 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 11:02 AM

Greetings,
 as mentioned in a previous thread FitraMedia Interactive has begun production of a full CG sci/fi feature film entitled: "GALACTUS RISING"
This will be a space based ,VXf heavy film about a future encounter by the human vanguard  ,Deep space Alliance with the iconic marvel comic Universal Abstract Entity known as "Galactus".

Following here are some production pics of some of the major characters.
There are many more in development

NOTE: this not a "comic book" movie
it is My sci fi version of how future humanity will try to deal the "The devourer of worlds"
the only Marvel character in this animated film is "Galactus" so please dont bother asking about the "silver surfer" or "thanos"  or "The fantastic four" :-).

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:08 PM

file_494427.jpg

**Dr Talib Ibrahim:**  (Daz Mike-2!!) physicist , comsologist & Grand Architect of the massive utopia station on the vanguard of the human frontier . formed the strong and vital alliance with the advanced ,but nearly extinct Telaxian race He is the "Albert Einstien" of  his generation

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:08 PM
wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:09 PM

file_494429.jpg

**GALACTUS:**( Daz Freak Original Gen 3) Galactus was originally the explorer Galan from the planet Taa, which existed in the pre-Big Bang universe. When an impending cataclysm gradually kills all other life in his universe, he and other survivors leave Taa via a space vessel, eventually becoming engulfed in the Big Crunch. However, Galan does not die, but is transformed through a bonding with the Sentience of the Universe. He gestates for billions of years in the next universe that formed, emerging as Galactus. A Watcher ("Ecce") observes the birth of Galactus and realizes his fledging destructive nature, but chooses not to take the opportunity to kill him.[19][20][21] Once fully aware, Galactus experiences hunger so strongly that he consumes the nearby planet of Archeopia. The planet ultimately becomes the first[19] of many, as Galactus must consume their life energies for sustenance.[22] In memory of both his dead homeworld of Taa and for the first planet to fall prey to his hunger, Galactus constructs his new "homeworld", Taa II.

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:10 PM

file_494430.jpg

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:11 PM

file_494431.jpg

The Obsidian:( BEO2K BY "DAZ P.A. " Mephastophelese?")

Last survivor of the distant world"Obsidia"(consumed by Galactus)
and current "harbinger" or Herald of Galactus
bestowed with a measure of "the power cosmic"
and encased in "Bio Armor by his master Galactus he is an emotionless Brute who prefers to use physical Force before anything else.

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:13 PM

file_494432.jpg

Ambassador Lichne:(lich nee)(EL Femasu) one of the few surviving members of the Telaxian council and close friend and Advisor of Professsor Ibrahim. Her Late husband helped form the Human Telaxian Alliance with a Young Idealistic Dr Ibrahim many Decades ago her husband perished along with Most of her race after an unsuccessful attempt to convince Galactus to spare them through intellectual debate.

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:13 PM
wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:14 PM

file_494434.jpg

Commander Nikoli Petrovich ( Daz M4 base) Young Commander of the Fleet Naval Armada Although Most of his Troops are the Controversial "BMO's" ( Bio Mechanoid Operatives") he is a Proud Career Military Man who's motives are not always apparent.

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:15 PM

file_494435.jpg

Captain "Hal" Bio Mechanoid Officer( EL Hebot) Designation number is: BMO002 but nicknamed Hal as his synthetic voice was patterned after the Iconic "HAL900" computer by a a robotics engineer whowas a Die hard Stanley Kubrick Fan .

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:16 PM

file_494436.jpg

Imam Ahmed Al -KAthiri( Daz Mike3 RR) Leader of the Muslim Quarter on Utopia Station and sometimes Advisor to Dr Ibrahim

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:17 PM

file_494437.jpg

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:17 PM

file_494438.jpg

Dr Alexis Coroner:( Daz Vicky3 RR) Astronomer and Stellar Chartographer

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 2:52 PM

And now a short 90 Second rough cut teaser tailer
to introduce people to overall look and Feel I am seeking with this Film. ( Please select HD 720 in the you tube quality settings)
** GALACTUS RISING**

Thanks For reading/Viewing

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 3:29 PM · edited Tue, 14 May 2013 at 3:29 PM

First, good luck with the project! I really hope you end up pleased with how it turns out. A few quibbles:

Galactus should be able to fit most humans in the palm of his hand. I kind of feel like the scale is off between him and the other characters because I know that from the comics.  People who don't probably won't notice but I thought I'd mention it.

The man in the wheelchair seems pretty buff for a scientist. Not saying it's not possible just saying it's a little distracting for me.  Especially considering his age.

The trailer itself was very well made, I just wish there were less shots of ships all slowly flying in the same direction. I also feel there's a bit of slow-down in the station rotation as if it were meant to spin faster but something is preventing that. Also that first shot of the woman, stands out as a bit stiff considering how much attention was placed on secondary motion with the other character shots (she has an arm with the hand stiffly posed). 

All in all, great work! Keep at it. Should be a fun piece to watch once it's done.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 3:30 PM

This PC is too slow for video but the stills look impressive.  Good selection of characters, too.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 3:32 PM

Actually, you can scratch the height thing. The more I think on it the more I think Galactus can change his height at will. So you're good on that front. :)

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 3:45 PM

Nice work... I like the look and feel of it.

Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Whilst I see what Teyon's saying about the Dr Talib Ibrahim character looking surprisingly well built, I like the fact he isn't a stereotypical scientist figure.

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Wed, 15 May 2013 at 11:41 AM

Quote - The man in the wheelchair seems pretty buff for a scientist. Not saying it's not possible just saying it's a little distracting for me.  Especially considering his age.

It looks to be his suit - notice the puffy sleeves at the wrist.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.