Sun, Oct 6, 9:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Now, what do I do ?

TOPcat831 ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 12:08 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 4:04 AM

Have you worked on a render that came out really really good but now all you have is a posed figure without a background ?

What do you do when your creativity just shuts down on you ?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 12:09 AM

Walk to the park.  Go eat.  Bring music with.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Paloth ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 1:09 AM

Not that I make many renders, but for me the process can involve some rough sketches in the beginning to determine what is in the scene and where it is. I guess it's harder to provide context/background for a posed figure after the fact.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Dim_Reaper ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 6:52 AM

I sometimes go months without rendering anything and then sometimes I have so many ideas that I can't get them all done.

As previously mentioned, going for a walk in the park is a good idea - you might see something you want to work into a render.  Sometimes I go into a cafe and see a painting on the wall and decide to do my own version of it in Poser or Vue.  I was on a bus in Italy a couple of years ago and I saw a young girl sitting outside her house at the side of the road reading and it gave me an idea for a render.

If getting out and about is difficult, then take a look at online galleries.  I saw one of Margaret Keane's pictures online a while back.  I typed her name into Google and looked at her images - straight away the ideas come flooding.

I also once saw a scene of a city on one of the Star Trek films and thought - I'm going to do a version of that.

I would never try to copy an image, but looking at what others have done is good for inspiration, and sometimes it forces us to have to learn new techniques to get a desired result.

i7 5960X, 32GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Professional.  Running Daz Studio 4.11, Poser 11, Vue Inf 7, Photoshop CS4

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 7:34 AM

Start modeling.

But then again????

In the end I could not go out ...... I kept seeing everything in quads......... Pulling loops.... Sculpting real trees. . . .

Most fun was opening Blender;
load a figure mesh, any mesh, and sculpt a look alike.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 8:02 AM

I find movies and TV series quite inspirational at times.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 9:11 AM

Save it and let it rest for a while. When you come back to it, you will either know what to do with it, or decide "Gee... that's not as cool as I thought it was" and you'll delete it. Either way, your frustration level will drop, and that's a good thing.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 5:56 PM

Drink!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.