Sat, Aug 3, 11:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Object/figure instances, possible?

papillon68 ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 12:34 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 10:22 PM

I wonder if Poser Pro 2014 is capable, through python, to create n instances of a certain object. Thanks

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

timarender ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 1:31 PM

One could load the Object multiple times.

import poser
scene = poser.Scene()
for n in range(1,10):
    m = scene.LoadLibraryProp("D:Poser Pro 2014 ContentRuntimelibrariesPropsPrimitivesball.ppz")

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 1:39 PM

Right click on the object, and duplicate, then translate over X,Y and or Z

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

papillon68 ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 5:06 PM

Thanks for the answers, so the way it's to duplicate the object, there is no 'real' instancing support in Poser.

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 5:28 PM

nope, no instancing. Poser may only load one copy of an obj but thats a bit unclear to me. A test I ran of loading multiple props was not conclusive.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 5:31 PM

If you mean instancing ala Vue where you can have large numbers of objects withoug incurring the memory load that simple duplicated would I don't know. Should be easy enough to open up TaskManager or another memory monitoring utility and start loading up duplicate objects in Poser - watch the numbers.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 9:07 PM

Maybe this? http://www.daz3d.com/send-in-the-clones-pro-for-poser

My Renderosity Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.