Fri, Jul 19, 11:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 19 11:16 am)

Subject: Poser startup and Python problem

linkdink ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2013 at 11:42 PM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 11:13 PM

file_498055.jpg

I'm getting the attached error message when starting up Poser 6.  As soon as I click "OK," the program loads as normal, but my list of Python scripts on the interface window is now empty. I load my main buttons script, run it, then I get my list of scripts back, and then everything is fine. 

I started getting this message after I was looking at some of Python scripts by changing their extension to .txt and then back to .py, and I'm thinking I accidentally edited one or moved it or something.

Is Poser looking for some file somewhere during startup that I can replace or repair?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gallery

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2013 at 2:06 AM

Check on these two files:-

Poser 6:Runtime:Python:poserScripts:mainButtons.py

Poser 6:Runtime:Python:poserScripts:poserStartup.py

Ensure that they are PY extensions not something like PY.TXT

Be sure that if you edit any scripts you do it in an editor that does not add any additional formatting such as MS Word. Notepad is usually safe.

linkdink ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2013 at 2:13 AM

Thanks! It was the poserstartup.py that was the problem.

I had accidentally changed it to an unrecognizable extension.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.